Art Theory (1 Viewer)

hall of mirrors

HSC
Well it's nice to have the majorwork out of the way, but there's still the theory, and I find myself sitting here wondering what exactly I'm supposed to be studying. My teachers have done a crappy job at teaching the theory elements of the course, and I was wondering if anyone knew what to study exactly. All I have done is research artists, and produced a list of artists, with examples of their works, and a little description of how that work fits into the frames, or the conceptual framework, or practice. Is there something I am overlooking, or is art theory simply that?

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
section 1 will have three question each being either: the frames, conceptual framework and practice. You have to understand what each of those mean and be able to determine which one goes with each question and then relate it to the picture or whatever they have.

section 2 im picking four artists and 3-4 artworks each. I will probably write a practice essay including where the artist is from, when they were around, what frames they work under, what their main ideas are and how they go about presenting these ideas. Then just back up what i said about them with examples of artworks, decribe each one, what its about, what they use etc.. that way in the exam you should have enough information to answer at least one of the questions by picking the artists that fits best.

My teacher said if all else fails in the exam and you cant find a question just write a really strong essay about everything on your artists. She said last year a boy did that and still got 20/25 which is good for not answering a question. But prastice essays are pretty easy to relate to the question. I hope anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)