Arts/Education at USYD or UNSW (1 Viewer)

annagrace42

HSC
Hey, I am a law student at UTS but want to transfer next year into a BEd/BA. Is USYD or UNSW a better option? I've read some negative stuff re the UNSW degree but most of it is from at least a few years ago... Any insight into both courses would be heaps appreciated... Cheers

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
UNSW is better than Sydney - according to Good Uni Guide.

Seriously, research the degrees using their website because these GUG things are quite general.

annagrace42

HSC
Yeah of course I have researched both on their websites, but it doesn't really give insight into which is better. I have heard that the Arts side at Sydney might be better than at UNSW, but that UNSW do performance and drama better than USyd... I've also heard that USyd is old fashioned and a bit snobby not that that really matters cos it's all about the course, but I would really appreciate some insight into both courses from people doing them...?

SpoonSamba

HSC
if you wanna do an arts subject for your teachinig qualification go with USYD. UNSW is culling arts courses like theres no tomorrow at the moment, you could easily screw up your pre-reqs and have to take longer cos theres NO COURSES LEFT! there are honestly like 6 senior history courses and 6 senior english courses and peformances has about the same. USYD is culling too but they had more courses to start with. As for the actual education part I have no idea

beachee99

HSC
UNSW ed is far better - especially for higher education (gifted and special)
the culling of courses is not that major at all - all of my courses from 1st and 2nd year have remained and in fact two courses for history have been added. There are more than enough options and summer courses count too in most cases. UNSW is THE BEST in sydney for Education - its dedication to education / psychological / cognitive research means you get current and actually useful lessons. - compared directly to my friends at macq i am far more prepared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)