Arts/Law at ANU? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I wouldn't exactly say sell.... maybe pimp? ;)

A friend of mine did Law just because he got the UAI - he wasn't a huge fan and is dropping out to join the army.

That aside I just don't think its the greatest idea to do something just because you get the marks I'm more of a 'have a passion' sort of thing (but importantly allow flexibility because passions change).

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Arts/Law sounds...too non-asian.

So, being a closet asian, could someone ratezorz Comm/Law against MacU and UTS for moi?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Last time I looked, ANU law is 3rd in the country behind Sid/NSW and ahead of UTS/Mac.
I'd have no idea about commerce, but would guess that Syd would be more useful there.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Iron said:
Last time I looked, ANU law is 3rd in the country behind Sid/NSW and ahead of UTS/Mac.
I'd have no idea about commerce, but would guess that Syd would be more useful there.
What? UMelb doesn't even factor in?!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is from Good University's guide a few years back. Either Melb makes the grade, or my info is NSW orientated.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Iron said:
Thanks but pfft. A commerce degree's a commerce degree.

I also think Arts would kill me. I'd be murdered in the night - paper-cuts from uncle Chomsky.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Comm/Law is probably the most lethal combo in terms of world domination, but its not worth selling your soul for, imo.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I dunno in terms of lethality theres eco/comm IBL (Industry Based Learning)....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It's a massive liability!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
People do eco/comm because you can get in four majors and it gives you the oppurtunity to study both the economy as a whole and business' within it - that and starting salaries are around $85K.....

daniieee

HSC
Maybe you should've started a new thread lol. This one's almost four years old.

I'd say B Arts/B Laws is your best option. You can study courses like International Relations and Communication which will enhance your qualifications if you're looking into being a lawyer for the UN.

I can't answer all of your questions regarding your options, but my understanding is that you have to complete the minimum four year course, and then you'll be able to branch off into other areas of law. International law is supposedly covered in the first year second semester, but that's all I can gather from their undergrad student guide.

ANU like most other universities does offer scholarships. Click here for more information. I've had a look myself as I'm seriously considering doing law at ANU next year. I'd like to get away from the hectic Sydney life for a while. The only scholarship ANU offers explicitly for prospective law students is the Phillipa Weeks Scholarship in Law, but it's only for those who've attended secondary school in a regional or remote area of Australia.

The ANU open day is coming up at the end of this month on Saturday 29th August. You'd be able to gather all your information and have all your queries answered there, so I'd strongly suggest you go. Sydney Uni Live is also on that day though, so pick one and pay them a visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)