Arts/Law at USyd vs UTS (1 Viewer)

Vermilliona

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some thoughts about the difference between an Arts/Law degree at USyd and a Law/Social Political Sciences at UTS.

I have to decide between these two by January 6 and have been offered a $10,000/year scholarship at Usyd and a $12,500/year scholarship at UTS, but I'm not sure which I want to accept. My parents are pushing me to take the USyd one because they think uni prestige will play a big part in employment prospects, but I've increasingly heard this isn't really the case, plus UTS seems to have a solid reputation.

Basically my question is, does USyd have some advantage over UTS that would be worth taking the cut in scholarship $$ for? Thanks in advance!!

(I feel really annoying and like I'm bragging with the scholarship stuff ahh but I just really need some advice)

crowley926

HSC
Wow I wish I had your dilemma right now
I really don't know either but I have heard that Usyd is the best for arts/humanities. UTS does have a solid reputation but Usyd has an even better one so I would go Usyd

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
USyd, since they excel pretty much in both arts and law. The name of the uni kind of matters if you're studying law.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
USYD because prestige matters significantly for law as sirable1 said, and it is probably the best university for arts.

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
yes, university of sydney has the best arts culture. Also you can choose to study political science at university of sydney as opposed to being only restricted to studying political science at UTS which is more focused on just social and political science and doesn't allow you the flexibility that a bachelor of arts does.
Great job with your scholarships though, you must have gotten a pretty good result. What type of scholarship did you receive if you don't mind me asking?
Go for usyd, you will be with a higher calibre of students (due to higher cut-off mark) and the student life and culture is really good. UTS I've heard doesn't have the best uni culture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)