Arts/Law at UTS vs USyd (1 Viewer)

Vermilliona

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some thoughts about the difference between an Arts/Law degree at USyd and a Law/Social Political Sciences at UTS.

I have to decide between these two by January 6 and have been offered a $10,000/year scholarship at Usyd and a $12,500/year scholarship at UTS, but I'm not sure which I want to accept. My parents are pushing me to take the USyd one because they think uni prestige will play a big part in employment prospects, but I've increasingly heard this isn't really the case, plus UTS seems to have a solid reputation.

Basically my question is, does USyd have some advantage over UTS that would be worth taking the cut in scholarship $$ for? Thanks in advance!!

(I feel really annoying and like I'm bragging with the scholarship stuff ahh but I just really need some advice)
(I posted this in the USyd board too but wanted to get both perspectives)

baci

HSC
i transferred from INGS law at sydney to UTS. sydney was awful. UTS FOR THE WIN

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Employability would likely be better at USYD. I'd go with USYD as salary prospect will be higher as well, and 2.5k in the scheme of things doesn't make a significant difference.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some thoughts about the difference between an Arts/Law degree at USyd and a Law/Social Political Sciences at UTS.

I have to decide between these two by January 6 and have been offered a $10,000/year scholarship at Usyd and a $12,500/year scholarship at UTS, but I'm not sure which I want to accept. My parents are pushing me to take the USyd one because they think uni prestige will play a big part in employment prospects, but I've increasingly heard this isn't really the case, plus UTS seems to have a solid reputation.

Basically my question is, does USyd have some advantage over UTS that would be worth taking the cut in scholarship $$ for? Thanks in advance!!

(I feel really annoying and like I'm bragging with the scholarship stuff ahh but I just really need some advice)
(I posted this in the USyd board too but wanted to get both perspectives)
people will tell you yes but at the end of the day a shit candidate at UTS is just a shit candidate, and a shit candidate at USYD is just a shit candidate with gold flecks on top and still no job

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Just to add (probably won't really be an issue for you tbh) but if I'm thinking of the same scholarships you need to maintain a distinction average for the USYD scholarship, but only a credit average for the UTS to keep the scholarship

(probably dont want to have a credit average doe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)