Arts Network Mentoring Program (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
Hey just wondering whether anyone signed up for this. I was unsure whether to sign up for it on the day of enrollment and was just wondering whether people think its worth doing?

celery

HSC
i signed up for it. I think it should be worth joining, well for me since none of my friends are going to be doing arts at syd, it'll be a good chance to meet the people and get familiar with the place. it sounds fun, so why not? hehe

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Do you have to go to the "Arty Farty" day on Feb. 26th? Because I'm moving into college the day after that, and I don't know if I'll be able to spend the whole day doing the Mentor Program thing.

Bob.

HSC
yeah i think you have to do the arty starty thing, that name is one of the things putting me off aswell as some of the other lame things you have to do. but coming from the mountains and not one of my friends or someone i know going to usyd i think i might just do it to at least meet some other people to talk to before uni starts.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
I did it last year...it was awesome! Really worth it...but then again it depends on how the ppl in ur group are. I'm really good mates with most of the ppl I met that day in my group. So yeah its a great way to meet people...just don't be shy.

HSC
Yeah I registered for it too. I'm heaps shy :shy: so I hope I'll just loosen up on the day :eek:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i did it last year

my mentor was a typical north shore snobby girl.

everyone in my group was pretty shit except this pretty cool dude from the country but i havent seen him since.

it's not really that much of a day, at least i dont think it is.

eco and bus day was cool though coz i had a VERY VERY VERY hot guy as a mentor :wave: stas ;)

DeepDarkRose

HSC
hey guys, i'm a mentor this year for it, i did the program last year and yeah you guys should join :) it's pretty fun, and any complaints from last year, we're actually trying to make it more interesting this time (making the photo hunt a lot better etc). i thought it was worthwhile last year cause you can learn things that aren't written in any handbook, plus meet some people from your courses.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
You seen me once...I seen you 10x more...mwahahaha! (no I'm not a crazy stalker lol) I know I know...I just don't really know what to say...dont wanna make a fool out of myself.

My mentor was so nice...it sucks if you get a dog of a mentor...or ppl who dont talk or a totally boring...ehhhhhh

Last edited:

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
manifestation said:
I did it last year...it was awesome! Really worth it...but then again it depends on how the ppl in ur group are. I'm really good mates with most of the ppl I met that day in my group. So yeah its a great way to meet people...just don't be shy.
Heh, I would have done well to follow that advice lol - I havn't seen any of the people from our group (including yourself :p) since that catch up day.
Personally, I can't say I got much out of the day, but i'm sure for most people, if you keep an open mind it's a great oppurtunity to meet people.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
manifestation said:
You seen me once...I seen you 10x more...mwahahaha! (no I'm not a crazy stalker lol) I know I know...I just don't really know what to say...dont wanna make a fool out of myself.

My mentor was so nice...it sucks if you get a dog of a mentor...or ppl who dont talk or a totally boring...ehhhhhh

well if u see me this sem say hi or ill have a cry :(

manifestation

What?!
HSC
awwww...*there there*
Yes I shall :D

Seryn aka Danial...howdy! Long time no seeeeee! Yeah I saw you like twice after that day walking around campus...i didn't say hi cause I'm scared you won't remember me lol

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
manifestation said:
Seryn aka Danial...howdy! Long time no seeeeee! Yeah I saw you like twice after that day walking around campus...i didn't say hi cause I'm scared you won't remember me lol
Yup, I remember you...actually, now that you mention it I think I did see you a couple of times too, but wasn't sure if it was you or not...quite pathetic really :eek:

Back to the topic, I actually found clubs like Sutekh to be a better place for meeting like-minded people - but perhaps thats just because no-one else in my group for the arts program was doing similar subjects

niteshade1312

HSC
I had a really bad mentor... She was lovely but didn't really do much around Uni except go to uni, occasionally go to class and then go home. I also had a group of people that didn't really talk and didn't seem very excited about going to Uni and so despite having a good day, I'm kinda glad I've never bumped into my mentor again. Hence the reason I'm mentoring this year is to actually HELP some poor 1st years... especially ones that actually want to get involved in Uni Life.. something I did fairly well in 1st year.

So, def sign up. It's a great way to meet some people and realise how many arts students there really are!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)