Arts Network Mentoring Program (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
well i think i'm in blue... I've misplaced the letter somewhere. I'm pretty sure International and Global Studies/Law students are in the Blue Group :confused:

slowjam10

HSC
well i think i'm in blue... I've misplaced the letter somewhere. I'm pretty sure International and Global Studies/Law students are in the Blue Group :confused:
I thought that the groups had something to do with your degree as well. But now I'm not so sure. In the red group there seems to be a mix of different degrees.

Maybe it's more based on what subjects we're doing.

I'm doing Arts/Law btw. ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I think the red sheet that we received during Enrolment outlined what group you'd be in depending on your degree. Argh!

slowjam10

HSC
I think the red sheet that we received during Enrolment outlined what group you'd be in depending on your degree. Argh!
One of my friends is in the blue group and is doing Arts, not B.I.G.S...so who knows...lol;)

topdeck

HSC
I'm in red!

btw i think groups were made from the ARTS subjects you're doing as opposed to what degree you're combining it with....seeing as most people would probably be doing straight arts i suppose.

slowjam10

HSC
Yeah, it's based on your subjects apparently. :) Sooo, those in the red group, what subjects are YOU doing then?

Hey Tamara,

My name's Jevan, I'm also in the red group.

I'm doing; Philosophy, Junior French and Government and International Relations, as well as Foundations of Law and Legal Research for my LLB.

What subjects are you doing?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Hey Tamara,

My name's Jevan, I'm also in the red group.

I'm doing; Philosophy, Junior French and Government and International Relations, as well as Foundations of Law and Legal Research for my LLB.

What subjects are you doing?
Hey :)

I'm doing pretty different subjects to you :p Maybe they group those doing languages? I'm doing Beginners Chinese and Introduction to Chinese Civilization (also Fundamentals of Chemistry and Concepts in Biology (Advanced)- am doing Liberal Studies!)

Actually, looking at the "Confirmation of Participation" sheet, it appears that there are further small groups within the red group? I don't know, lol, we'll find out...

Jevan, your subjects sound really interesting, lucky! :p

slowjam10

HSC
Hey :)

I'm doing pretty different subjects to you :p Maybe they group those doing languages? I'm doing Beginners Chinese and Introduction to Chinese Civilization (also Fundamentals of Chemistry and Concepts in Biology (Advanced)- am doing Liberal Studies!)

Actually, looking at the "Confirmation of Participation" sheet, it appears that there are further small groups within the red group? I don't know, lol, we'll find out...

Jevan, your subjects sound really interesting, lucky! :p

Thanks...yours aren't too bad either :D...I'm still a bit undecided about the GOVT units though ..I might change them for either English or History...

;)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
All mentors will have their first year groups distributed to them tomorrow.

Yay! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) meeting some of you!

By the way, I think the groups are distributed according to your degrees since that's how the mentors are split.
So basically, the colour groups are definited by B Arts or B Arts/Law etcetc. Then, they're split into small groups still so each mentor doesn't have too many first years to handle. :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Thanks...yours aren't too bad either :D...I'm still a bit undecided about the GOVT units though ..I might change them for either English or History...

;)
Yeah, I'm tossing up between the Chinese Civ. Into (recommended for those starting Chinese Beginners) and a linguistics unit, as I'm considering majoring in it, and also I can use it as one of my compulsory subjects for my degree. Ah well, I'm going to be doing a couple of first year subjects in my second year, lol :S

Sorry, am going offtrack! Anyone else keen to introduce themselves and their subjects? ;)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
All mentors will have their first year groups distributed to them tomorrow.

Yay! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) meeting some of you!

By the way, I think the groups are distributed according to your degrees since that's how the mentors are split.
So basically, the colour groups are definited by B Arts or B Arts/Law etcetc. Then, they're split into small groups still so each mentor doesn't have too many first years to handle. :)
Oh, ok, thanks for that. :)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Actually, just checked my inbox. It just seems they have split the mentoring program into two parts, the first group is "Blue" whilst the other is "Red". It's just easier for the Arts Network Mentoring Program to keep a track of everyone. Then the groups are just split off according to degrees as I've mentioned earlier.

I'm in Blue group by the way!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm Kevin and I'm completing a B.I.G.S/Llb degree :)

My arts subjects include Power and Money in Society, Australian Politics and the Middle Ages, and also the units outlined for Law by Jevan.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Actually, just checked my inbox. It just seems they have split the mentoring program into two parts, the first group is "Blue" whilst the other is "Red". It's just easier for the Arts Network Mentoring Program to keep a track of everyone.

I'm in Blue group by the way!
Do you have any idea how many smaller groups there will be?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Do you have any idea how many smaller groups there will be?
It really depends on how many mentors have signed up for the program.
I know for people in the Blue group, there is roughly .. 8 to 10 mentors for Arts/Law.
For Arts/Education (which I'm part of, so I should know!) there's like.. about the same.

There's also the Red group of mentors which I haven't met (since we have training at different times of the day) but the numbers should be the same.

It's 1 mentor for about 5 students though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)