Arts Network Mentoring Program (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Hi, I'm Kevin and I'm completing a B.I.G.S/Llb degree :)

My arts subjects include Power and Money in Society, Australian Politics and the Middle Ages, and also the units outlined for Law by Jevan.
Hey Kevin! :)

It really depends on how many mentors have signed up for the program.
I know for people in the Blue group, there is roughly .. 8 to 10 mentors for Arts/Law.
For Arts/Education (which I'm part of, so I should know!) there's like.. about the same.

There's also the Red group of mentors which I haven't met (since we have training at different times of the day) but the numbers should be the same.

It's 1 mentor for about 5 students though!
Cool, nice little groups then! :)

kay90

HSC
I'm also in the red group...:D

So what degree and subjects are you doing?

;)

Hey Jevan, guess I'll see you around too then on Monday :)

B Arts Sciences
Subjects for Sem1:
- Commercial Transactions A
- Intro to Socio-Legal Studies
- French Studies (although most probably changing this to Anthropology)
- Psychology 1001

kay90

HSC
All mentors will have their first year groups distributed to them tomorrow.

Yay! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) meeting some of you!

By the way, I think the groups are distributed according to your degrees since that's how the mentors are split.
So basically, the colour groups are definited by B Arts or B Arts/Law etcetc. Then, they're split into small groups still so each mentor doesn't have too many first years to handle. :)
interesting how they split according to degrees. though, hopefully its a mix.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
It's split according to degrees because
1) Your mentor will actually be helpful to you in regards to your degree since they actually know it
and 2) You get to met other people from your degree in case you don't know anyone!

Plus don't worry, some mentors will join their groups up with other mentors so you might meet other people!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
My bad, I found the letter :eek: I'm in Red Group.

slowjam10

HSC
Hey Jevan, guess I'll see you around too then on Monday :)

B Arts Sciences
Subjects for Sem1:
- Commercial Transactions A
- Intro to Socio-Legal Studies
- French Studies (although most probably changing this to Anthropology)
- Psychology 1001
Hey Kaycee, :)

Yeah hopefully we'll meet on Monday...your subjects look pretty interesting...any reason for the change from French to Anthro? :D

;)

slowjam10

HSC
My bad, I found the letter :eek: I'm in Red Group.
lolz...I know the feeling...we get so many random letters....shame my postman wasn't so useless though..:D

Last edited:

kay90

HSC
Hey Kaycee, :)

Yeah hopefully we'll meet on Monday...your subjects look pretty interesting...any reason for the change from French to Anthro? :D

;)

lol yours are pretty interesting too, love the whole law/govt topics (I did legal studies and loved the subject!). :D

Well, the change from French to Anthro is not set in stone yet but I'm seriously considering it. I love French (did it in Year 8, all the basic, although hardly remember any of it :eek:) though I heard intro French is pretty fast paced (apparently HSC French Extention in one Sem!)
But Anthro for 1st year only because I think it'll blend in well when I change to Cultural Studies in 2nd year.

Crazy changing these units!

slowjam10

HSC
lol yours are pretty interesting too, love the whole law/govt topics (I did legal studies and loved the subject!). :D

Well, the change from French to Anthro is not set in stone yet but I'm seriously considering it. I love French (did it in Year 8, all the basic, although hardly remember any of it :eek:) though I heard intro French is pretty fast paced (apparently HSC French Extention in one Sem!)
But Anthro for 1st year only because I think it'll blend in well when I change to Cultural Studies in 2nd year.

Crazy changing these units!
yeah I've heard French is pretty full on...especially in first year...but after speaking to various academic staff from the french department..if you keep up with practicing your grammar and vocab and what not you'll be fine...I suppose as they say you only get out what you put in...{so cliche ..i know:eek:]...but I've always wanted to learn a language...esp. french...but my school only offered Japanese in yr 7...:cold:...and i think its pretty complimentary with law...hopefully open up international opportunities

anyways...good luck with your decision ...Kaycee..;)

kay90

HSC
lol I think with any language unit you need discipline. It's like learning an instrument, practice practice. Meh.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah :) At least the grammar is fairly simple. (Well, definately compared to German, gah!)
Neine! =p You get used to the grammar after a while. I was thinking of majoring in German, but thought otherwise. Probably have to learn it through independent study =S

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Neine! =p You get used to the grammar after a while. I was thinking of majoring in German, but thought otherwise. Probably have to learn it through independent study =S
Ja, ja, ich weiss! :) Einfacher als du denkst! :)

German's awesome, you should.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Well, my German's fairly limited at the moment.

Guten tag, Tamara, mein Name ist Kevin. Wie geht es ihnen? :)
Gut, danke. :) Und dir? (Darf ich "Du" sagen?)

Well, I've done lots of German, so am moving into Chinese, figured it's a good language for career prospects. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Gut, danke! (Didn't get the last question =p)

Wow, lol, you're basically like me. I'm planning to do Mandarin as well. I was pretty good in it back when I was young but I gradually forgot everything so I'm trying to relearn Mandarin again. And exactly the same reason as you! :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Lol, cool. :)

You'll have an advantage over me though, if you did it when you were younger. You'd be surprised what comes back to you when you haven't done a language in ages! :)

HSC
I'm in the red group :)

Doing: Psychology, Italian, Political Economy and Intro to Socio-Legal Studies :D

Can't wait! Though I'm a bit nervous...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)