Arts units question.. (1 Viewer)

Topazkick

HSC
Still a noob ...just wondering how many units per semester can I do (minimum to max) in my first year of a bachelor of arts?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
4 each semester is the average workload.

4 x 3cp units = 12cp. If you wish to 'overload' you'll have to show to the academic advisor that you're an exceptional case, especially for first year (eg, you've previously done a language, or music etc).

Peartie

HSC
9cp would be the minimum for you to be still considered a full time student (ie for centrelink).
its actually 18 per year or 9 per semester

meaning you can do say 7 one semester and 12 the next to still be "full time" in the eyes of centrelink and city rail...

unless its changing now that subjects are worth less is the amount needed to be full time also changing?

Topazkick

HSC
Randomly, should i complete people and planet units in my first year? Its a requirement of the degree i think...is it just completing 1 people unit and 1 planet unit once and not per year?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah its part of the new curriculum Peartie, lucky those who are already enrolled and finish before 2012 are exempt :)

tinfoilhat

HSC
Yeah its part of the new curriculum Peartie, lucky those who are already enrolled and finish before 2012 are exempt :)
they've changed it now to before 2014
probably because they realised/were overloaded with complaints by combined degree students that started in 2009

Topazkick

HSC
is it acceptable for me to do 3 units 1st semester and 5 units for the 2nd semester? Altogether it totals 24 credit points...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, but you will have to apply for special consideration for the second semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)