Ashfield De La Salle Or Homebush Boys (1 Viewer)

Sunshine

wanted to know between ashfield de la salle and homebush boys which is better to send my lil bro to. does ne go to any of these schools, if so how is it?

HSC
well... lets see...

btw i don't go to either school, but:
1. i have friends who go to both
2. my tutors from de la salle, debate with homebush
3. have lived in ashfield
4. go to Strathfield Girls (brother/sister school of homebush)

Ashfield de la salle has very good teachers. They are a private school, but not so extravagant as those really richass ones. They're also quite disciplined. The marks are pretty good

Homebush Boys is... well... they're pretty good at sport. They're a public non-selective. And they do relatively well in the HSC, some years better than others - its hard to predict, since they dont control their intake. So technically they're a really good school. But having said that you get two extremes.

So if you're thinking about HSC results, pick de la salle if your lil bro is undisciplined, and homebush if he doesnt mind a cheapo school, and can still study and take care of himself.

damn... why did i write so much?

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz..I was told differently. DLSA's HSC marks are not that great at all...... :p

I used to go to St Vincents Primary amd most of my friends went to DLSA. The highest UAI was 93.xx :)

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
I used to go to De La Salle Revesby so yeah, all de la schools have a gun environment/atmosphere.

Sportwise, De La schools have a rep for being very competitive. De La Revesby used to be at the high end of our CBSA sport comps.

My mate who was asked to leave from my school now goes to Homebush Boys so discipline might not be that great.

Anyways, all de la school anthems kick ass. Ask anyone who goes there :p

*Pooja*

Originally posted by Sunshine
wanted to know between ashfield de la salle and homebush boys which is better to send my lil bro to. does ne go to any of these schools, if so how is it?
oh man! i dunno an ashfield de la salle even existed (sorry!) and so i know nothing about it.

but i can tell u dont send him to homebush. ive been to strathfield girls b4 and from what ive seen of homebush boys not many of them come out to be decent. i dont think its a great skool.

Last edited:
HSC
de la salle don't get poor marks... do they..? i got the impression they got good marks, but there are different campuses, so i'm not that sure

you can barely judge homebush's performance
it's a PUBLIC NON-SELECTIVE

it's in an area where the majority of students come from middle-class migrant backgrounds (strathfield/homebush), so there is pressure to do well.

a few years back, homebush got into top 50... you can't tell me that's bad for a public non-selective. Last year it was at the end of 120 though...

but damn... 93 the highest? what a rip-off school!

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Go Ashfield Boys High School. Didn't you ever consider them? Our dux whooped ass over De La Salle (not Homebush though) and you can bet that trend is going to continue for the next couple of years.

Originally posted by
*Pooja*

from what ive seen of homebush boys not many of them come out to be decent. i dont think its a great skool.
For a public non-selective, I think producing somebody with UAI100 is pretty damn decent. Don't you think so?

HSC
homebush you get the two extremes... the good extreme is at home doing work while the bad is bumming around terrorising other schools...

and btw over the last 4 years, they have produced 4x100 UAI to my knowledge, and have stayed in the top 120...

don't get me wrong, i'm not in love with homebush boys or anything... but don't go to a private school just because it's private... it doesn't make it any better....

kow_dude

HSC
Yea i go Homebush Boys.
It's quite a good school as the fees are relatively low (~$150 a year). The only complaint i'll make is that some teachers are crap.
Not a strict school.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Tusitula

Anyways, all de la school anthems kick ass. Ask anyone who goes there :p

I used to go to De La Kingsgrove. (yrs 7-8)

Heres the corny anthem:

St John Baptist, we your chn
sing the glory of your name,
you with zeal and *something* resplendent,
you for God young souls reclaim.....

blah blah blah......forget the rest. :p

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
def go to homebush.. del al sel dudes are like........ lets nto even go there..... pluz homebush has better academic record....
well... homebush guys are... (how to put it nicely...?) quite...

fugly?

kow_dude

HSC
We had one guy last year who scored UAI of 100 in Homebush :)
Originally posted by whiterabbit

you know which school has really HOT guys..? Shore :)
wtf ...

C

CaR

Originally posted by whiterabbit
what?!
there are a lot of cute shore guys who get off at killara station...
someone's been loitering around killara station alot :D

adrianp

i got to de la salle trust me u dun wanna go there its the worst school.. the teachers are good and talented and work with us but no one there gives a fuck. The class averages for nearly any subject are below 30 which shows how bad the school is.. trust me dun go there.. plus the administration of the school sux too, to many bad decisions made by people that arent even meant to have the authority to make decisions... overall its one fucked up school! and i dun have to go back woohoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)