Asking for a job (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I put out 20+ resumes to heaps of businesses, including Bakers Delight and haven't receieved one interview/callback yet. I undersatnd that many are already full of satff for Christmas, but still its dishearting.

I have an interview at a fruit shop tomorrow though.

HSC
Furbob said:
What was the reaction like from BD's? Did they say you have to wait or anything?
I kind of got the impression they were a little bit flooded with resumes...but the manager didn't say anything about if/when I would receive a call :(

If I don't hear anything back from them (and I'm still unemployed), I'll hand another application in in about a months time...

GloomyBear

HSC
bakers delight convo-
Does anyone know what to wear to the interview?
I only saw one other thread in this forum which said they just wore casual..o__O;

I met the boss at like the middle of November and the manager just called me this morning lol =__=
The boss was really nice, she recognised the primary school I went to lol.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
you have to wear a hair net and/or chef's hat

and a baker's outfit, if you have one

xxxx8888

HSC
ambermorn said:
If you were doing that then you were obviously too immature to be employed at the time.

I was responsible for supervising and training at my old job and all the kids I saw who came to be interviewed with a friend never took it seriously and were never hired on my recommendation to the manager.

To all those doing the resume drop off rounds, if you want to be taken seriously, go alone and present yourself well (smart casual clothing).
yea.

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Handed in applications to local Bakers Delight and Video Ezy 2day. :hammer:
Had an interview at BD today. I think it went OK - the boss lady was very nice. I just wish I was more articulate under pressure :(

Furbob

HSC
I handed a resume on xmas eve to BD
(I wonder if that showed any dedication to turn up on xmas eve)
The manager seemed really nice and said "I'll have a look at it after xmas"

I'm still waiting, there's also "casuals wanted" in BD in Brandon Park, but its a bit annoying to get to but if I dont get a reply in....(how long should I wait for a call?)... I'll try there

HSC
Eep I have a one hour store trial on Monday

Furbob: I waited about two weeks before they called for an interview, but I suppose it just depends on when jobs become available. It's not a bad idea to start as many application processes as you can though, because you never know which one's are going to come through

Furbob

HSC
Handed in resume to Brandon Park SC today but to one of the workers to pass on

I was lucky to be able to hand in since I arrived at closing time and the workers were all cleaning up

How's BD treating newcomers? :O

HSC
How's BD treating newcomers? :O
The staff have all been really friendly and helpful where I've worked. And (surprisingly) the customers have been well trained also. The hardest parts of the job are learning how to use the crazily complicated cash register and remembering what all the products are called.

To ppl employed at Bakers Delight, is there usually a staff party/outing to greet new employees? I vaguely remembers something like this being mentioned in the interview, but I'm not 100% certain.

Furbob

HSC
hurrr... went to BD yesterday after 3 weeks from handing in resume, they're still looking for casuals so I asked the staff for the manager about whats going on with my resume but found out he/she is on holidays *rolls eyes*

I mentioned my name and when I handed the resume to the staff member and reitterated it a few times so hopefully she got the message and will remind the manager when he/she gets back from "holidays"

I did mention I was a little dissapointed to not get a call when they've had the hiring sign up for a while =\

I just want my "dream first job" to work at a place being surrounded by walls of bread

I'll probably go check again in 3 weeks if no call

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)