asses effects of dev. of AC gen. on society and env. (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
how do u ppl structure a question like this? especially an assess question..and what evidence would u put to suport argument?

biscuit

Basically, break it up into different arguments, because you are assessing

For this case, its probably wise to split it up into positive effects for society/env and negative effects

So you could first argue that there have been many environmental problems caused by the use of AC generators, for example the dramatic impact on atomospheric pressure from the burning of fossil fuels due to the increased demand for electricity --> then you could talk about the heat pollution, and how rivers/creeks/dams etc have been subject to various levels of pollution, and thus have had adverse effects on people's leisure activities such as fishing

Then you could argue the benefits, such as the creation of hydroelectric schemes with AC generators (Niagra falls was the first i think?) has provided jobs and security for thousands, and thus there has been less pressure on govt's to provide welfare support. Additionally, this has produced a cleaner source of electricity --> less burning of fossil fuels --> good for env

Basically, its bullshit, but as long as you are putting forward a balanced assessment you will do well

word.

HSC
...--> reduction of govt expenditure for the environment --> increased spending on infrastructure --> increased economic growth --> lower cyclical unemployment --> less govt. expenditure on welfare payments --> lower taxation --> more incentives to work --> lower crime --> less suicides --> population overload :]

serge

HSC
biscuit said:
Then you could argue the benefits, such as the creation of hydroelectric schemes with AC generators (Niagra falls was the first i think?) has provided jobs and security for thousands, and thus there has been less pressure on govt's to provide welfare support. Additionally, this has produced a cleaner source of electricity --> less burning of fossil fuels --> good for env
the main source of fuel burning is for AC generators
so Hydro is only lessening the burden created by AC anyway

serge

HSC
word. said:
...--> reduction of govt expenditure for the environment --> increased spending on infrastructure --> increased economic growth --> lower cyclical unemployment --> less govt. expenditure on welfare payments --> lower taxation --> more incentives to work --> lower crime --> less suicides --> population overload :]
are you posting in the right thread?

biscuit

word. said:
Hahaha, sounds a bit too much like eco.. :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
these implication questions always sound like eco

Abtari

HSC
ok, i think i get wot u guys are saying...

there is another question like that that they could ask: impact of transformers on society...

while looking over this one, i just realised that AC generators (what they stand for - i.e. AC electric distribution) would be meaningless and highly disadvantageous without transformers...

do any of u think mentioning about transformers in that assess impact of AC generators... question would be good? if so, how should it be mentioned?

helper

HSC
N/A
AC generators provides a current that allows it to be transformed. This then .......

Ghost1788

HSC
Ac generators together with transformers provide a highly efficient method of generating and distributing electricity as to DC...

DC experiences alot of resistance and therefore loss of energy due to the heating of the transmission lines..etc etc

AC is able to provide high amount of energy, efficiently that can be 'adjusted' through the use of a transformer to increase the voltage and decrease the current, thereby reducing energy loss....

Also the use of transformers has allowed appliances that can only run on lower voltages (<240V) to run off an AC mains (240V supply)

dangerousdave

HSC
word. said:
lol, a little too early for eco... next week

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Haha word., that's exactly what i do, economics = win in those impact questions :)

- Talk about lazy society, loss of jobs due to generators, more pollution, greater technology, greater living stands etc.

Addictd2

HSC
i had something similar for my physics assignment, they wanted impact of faraday's discovery of electromagnetic induction, i said something like

Environment
generating electricity you burn fossil fuels so global warming, acid rain, fumes etc etc
Huge power tower things are eye sores
i wanted to say lil birdies peck through the lines and can die but a mate told me not to do it

Social
its great coz we have jacuzzi's and TV and pcs and music etc
its bad coz we are dependant on electricity

u can say how its good we dont need heaps of local generators coz they cost more i think.... and AC can do that step up thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)