• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

assess me people!! (3 Viewers)

happii

HSC
most fat ppl are fitter than the skinny ppl man so just relax on that one

NinjaSauce

HSC
Thats a mighty interesting statement Happii... Generally speaking i would say: no, no they are not.

But lets just clarify something: "Fit" is a massively broad term. No one is just 'fit'. You have to be 'fit for something'. What is fit for soccer is hopeless for weightlifting. And What is 'fit' for Offensive Lineman in American Football would be horrible for a marathon runner; and vice versa.

Sumos are not Fit. Sumos are 'fit for sumo wrestling'.

happii

HSC
yes but look at ppl with high metabolisms they lie around all day doing nothing yet remain thin. yet you might have a person with a slow metabolism that works more and harder. my statement was a lil exxagerated just to ease this guys issue.

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Thats a mighty interesting statement Happii... Generally speaking i would say: no, no they are not.

But lets just clarify something: "Fit" is a massively broad term. No one is just 'fit'. You have to be 'fit for something'. What is fit for soccer is hopeless for weightlifting. And What is 'fit' for Offensive Lineman in American Football would be horrible for a marathon runner; and vice versa.

Sumos are not Fit. Sumos are 'fit for sumo wrestling'.
Like health, it doesn't just mean you eat well and exercise.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
ok a few points trashman308.

1. the definition of obese can differ alot it can range from being considered "overweight" upto "grossly overweight"

2. 4km isn't really all that far

3. how strong is strong. if you have a substantial amount of muscle mass, that can put out your bmi.

4. I'm in a similar situation to you i'm about 184cm and 100kg, I play youth league basketball and have 2 hour training sessions twice a week plus i have atleast 3 games a week, I also play soccer, cricket and tennis around this. I am probably fitter and faster than alot of people within the optimum range of the bmi and I'm also quite strong that doesn't change the fact i'm still overweight... the bottom line is that if it bothers you just loose the weight.

5. Unless your weight is impacting upon your health etc. its more about whether or not your happy with your current shape.

As far as weight loss is concerned really its what works for you. I'm grabbing myself a gym membership in the next couple weeks. I'll probably try fit in around an hour workout on week days of which ill probably spend 1/2 hour on a treadmill or bike and half an hour on weights, there is nothing wrong with doing weights if you play football it'll probably assist your game performance anyway but you'll probably want to mix it up with some cardio based stuff anyway... plus that way it would be more beneficial for weight loss purposes.

As most people have said diet plays and important part no need to go overboard just make sure your eating good food at normal meal times, which in my case basically meant 'don't be eating toasted cheese sandwhiches at midnight'.

basically if you want it bad enough you'll do it but dont be doing it just for the sake of conforming to the BMI.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Hagaren said:
As far as weight loss is concerned really its what works for you. I'm grabbing myself a gym membership in the next couple weeks. I'll probably try fit in around an hour workout on week days of which ill probably spend 1/2 hour on a treadmill or bike and half an hour on weights, there is nothing wrong with doing weights if you play football it'll probably assist your game performance anyway but you'll probably want to mix it up with some cardio based stuff anyway... plus that way it would be more beneficial for weight loss purposes.
Your body generally burns carbohydrates for the most part of your exercise (roughly an hour) before it reverts to other energy sources, like fat. Diet is most of the battle and to burn fat off it takes alot of willpower. Ie limiting your saturated fat, which most people find the most difficult. If you want to burn the fat before your workout it is best to not eat a massive meal before starting or it will take a long time for you to burn out your carbohydrate stores, and if you don't manage to do that it will be stored as glycogen(excess glucose from broken down carbohydrates) in the muscles and liver, the surplus stored as fat.
I say this alot but diet is WAY more important than the gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)