ASSESSMENT HELP! eek... (1 Viewer)

scuba.me

HSC
I have a speaking task for Retreat from the Global. It’s due next Tuesday and was wondering if anybody could help or has any ideas that I could use. Even contributions and any tips would be excellent.
The Task:
Imagine you are giving a speech to a group of year 12 students who are attending a presentation of this unit. You must EXPLAIN how your text, The Castle, reflects the following statement:

“There are many ways a text can be valued”

In your answers you will be assessed on how well you:
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="tab-stops: list 36.0pt">explain different ways of valuing texts
  • develop and deliver sophisticated presentations

Instructions:
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="tab-stops: list 36.0pt">4-5 minute speech <LI class=MsoNormal style="tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Only use palm cards
  • You must prepare an A4 summary sheet of your ideas in your presentation for you audience (point form, mind map etc).

Thanks everyone!
xo.

HSC
N/A
I'd personally interpret that question to mean "what could this text mean to different people?"

* Firstly, you look at how different people will react to the book - you've got your stereotypical "local" who will say "hey look, that's me described in the book! Oh how I puffyheart this book because it's just like me!" etc, then you have your stereotypical global who may be either "Oh this is stupid and boring" or "Oh wow this is really interesting, this 'local' life". Then you have your non-stereotypical cases etc

* Secondly I'd look at how the book's release and subsequent opinions raised might affect both these people. Some may value it as a "catalyst" of changing opinions - eg people moving into the country to experience a 'sea change', more awareness about smaller communities and their lifestyles/culture etc.

nj_carlson

HSC
Hey do you go to davo?
It's nat!!! Guess you had the same idea as me

scuba.me

HSC
lol.

hey nat - it's ash.

i think i'm doing the wrong thing but oh well.

good luck with yours!

xo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)