Assessment mark (1 Viewer)

hscachiever2014

HSC
Do the marks that you get in your school assessments contribute to your assessment mark in the HSC?

Because I heard that assessments in school are only used to determine rankings and they have nothing to do with your assessment mark.

Can somebody please clarify this up for me?

HSC
Yea that is what i was wondering as well anyone out there who can explain to us???

Sent from Xperia Z1

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes your second paragraph is true

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
That is due to the inconsistenty of school assessments, so only your ranks and the relative differences "matter"

Etherlee

HSC
N/A
HSC is 50% of internal assessment marks and 50% HSC Paper marks (external).
It's the average of internal and external.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The internal marks are sent into the BOS and are then used to determine ranks and relative difference between the marks. These marks are then moderated to the external HSC exams.

If a teacher/school marks really hard and sends a cohort in with a range of marks say 50 - 70 while another school marks quite easily and sends in their cohort with a range of marks of 70 - 90 but in the exam both cohorts end up with a range of 60 - 80 then both internal marks will be moderated to that final range. After the top and bottom students are pinned the relative gaps between the students comes into play.

This is a very simplistic explanation but the bottom line is - get as many marks as you can in your internal assessments as that will influence the final assessment mark, even if it isn't the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)