Assessment Rank Notification (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Tomorrow is the day. Hopefully I got the same rank as my report because the rumour I received said that there were two big mistakes in my report. Is the release time at 12:00 AM or 06.00 AM?

Lizcat

HSC
ohh cool.. i didnt even know about this.. would the ranks be the same as our reports?!?

i think they might coz at my school they do the ranks to 2dp, but at BOS.. its just nearest number

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yep ranks should be the same as your report hence why it's good to check up.

I shall be sure to check mine, should give me something to do.

jaisy88

HSC
r they gonna put our school ranks or the actual assesment mark in percent?

Dark Phoenix

HSC
where do we go to get our school assessment mark? official boardofstudies or are they mailed to us? and how come u guys were able to get ur reports, for some reason we werent allowed

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmm nobody said anything about getting assessment mark. Which the rule is schools are not allowed to give that out to students as it does differ from the mark that is sent off and what appears on your results. But if you are that interested in your school assessment mark you get each assessments mark then calculate in the weighting and that is how you can find it out.

Since no website has been posted, just so everybody knows. You can check your ranks out at:
http://www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au/

But remember you will need your BOS student number and BOS pin.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Doesn't the site 'http://www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au/' have to be working in order for us to check? lol

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at bosho.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Exphate said:
Straight from the site. Confused as to whether this means we get Just a rank, or both the rank AND mark?
As it says exactly that just a rank. The assessment mark your school send off to BOS is never revealed to students (although you can work it out yourself) as it changes from what is sent off and what appears on your HSC certificate. Thus the only assessment mark you will see will be the one on your HSC. Today they are releasing your initial school ranks for each subjects nothing more.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I need to clear something up, on my last report that I recieved from school, every subject had a trial mark and trial average. Is this trial mark the final assessment mark that will appear on the Board Of Studies results sheet.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Nope the trial mark is exactly that the trial mark. Each exam and assignment is worth a certain percentage towards your final assessment mark. Your assessment mark is the total of your exams, assessments and assignments taking into consideration there weighting.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
someone please explain this to me.

"Please note that students undertaking extension courses are ranked with the 2 unit class on the 2 unit course. This means that a student who comes first in the 2 unit class may not necessarily be ranked first in the course, as he/she is being compared with those students undertaking both the 2 unit and the extension course."

im not sure that i understand.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You are ranked with the extension guys as well, so if you are only doing the 2 unit course, and there are guys doing the extension course as well as the 2 unit course, you will be ranked with them for the 2 unit course as a group, you won't be ranked seperately on the guys doing the 2 unit course only and those guys who are doing both the extension course and the 2 unit course.

poopoohead

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
You are ranked with the extension guys as well, so if you are only doing the 2 unit course, and there are guys doing the extension course as well as the 2 unit course, you will be ranked with them for the 2 unit course as a group, you won't be ranked seperately on the guys doing the 2 unit course only and those guys who are doing both the extension course and the 2 unit course.
is this the same for english advanced/ extension 1??? would it be different cos english is compulsary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)