"Assessment Rank Order from 13 November" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iEdd

HSC
Yeah, well the acceleration thing was a sort of trial. It means that this year, the best maths students have already done their HSC last year so there probably won't be any band 6s (maybe 1 or 2).
Usually my school has about 10-15 band 6s for maths and 0-3 for English because the faculty is lazy and crap.

Edit: Woot, someone else who is 2nd in Physics and 20th in English.

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
lol :( :(

All this talk of ranks is making me feel nervous.

PS. 100UAI dp. (How the hell did you not get shortlisted for an engineering degree? What are you looking to do next year?)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:

PS. 100UAI dp. (How the hell did you not get shortlisted for an engineering degree? What are you looking to do next year?)
They look into more than just academics, I reckon.

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:

Lol for usyd merit thingy. my personal statement was dodgy as, didn't know we had to hand it in til like 2 days before. yea, they obviously look at other stuff not academics.
I got co-op however, which is damn more competitive than merit.

I'm looking to do usyd med or unsw med or actuarial studies. You?

PS how did you know i got rejected from engineering?

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
dp624 said:
Lol for usyd merit thingy. my personal statement was dodgy as, didn't know we had to hand it in til like 2 days before. yea, they obviously look at other stuff not academics.
I got co-op however, which is damn more competitive than merit.

I'm looking to do usyd med or unsw med or actuarial studies. You?

PS how did you know i got rejected from engineering?
You said so in the other thread.

I reckon you're going to get that 99.95, or even 100 depending on how well you do in advanced English. You're in a very enviable position. As for me, I don't know... I doubt I'll get into USYD med. UNSW med, I'm hoping. Hey if we get in we'll get to be friends!

How was your UNSW medicine interview? :)

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
You said so in the other thread.

I reckon you're going to get that 99.95, or even 100 depending on how well you do in advanced English. You're in a very enviable position. As for me, I don't know... I doubt I'll get into USYD med. UNSW med, I'm hoping. Hey if we get in we'll get to be friends!

How was your UNSW medicine interview? :)
UNSW med was rather meh, I don't believe in preparing for interviews unlike some of the other *cough*whores*cough* in my school and just try to be myself in them. So I can't tell how well I did. But it should be ok, my Umat was good (so that's 2/3 set in stone pretty much).
Looking forward to seeing you if i do =P

Zephyrio

HSC
dp624 said:
UNSW med was rather meh, I don't believe in preparing for interviews unlike some of the other *cough*whores*cough* in my school and just try to be myself in them. So I can't tell how well I did. But it should be ok, my Umat was good (so that's 2/3 set in stone pretty much).
Looking forward to seeing you if i do =P
No. Looking forward to seeing you if I make it.

=P Do you think you'll get any state ranks? I'm hoping for either maths/English/history but not expecting anything at all.

Also, I think it's 1/3 UMAT for UNSW, not 2/3 (that's UWS). :) This is because UNSW devotes 1/3 of the entry score to UAI, whereas UWS does not.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Dude you're like ranked 1st in a gazillion subjects... of course you'll get some ahah. You might even top the state in some.
I'm hoping for chem phys and mx1. Mx2 is slim. eng is next to none due to crappy internal ranks (but i tihnk i did pretty well in externals).

Zephyrio

HSC
dp624 said:
Dude you're like ranked 1st in a gazillion subjects... of course you'll get some ahah. You might even top the state in some.
I'm hoping for chem phys and mx1. Mx2 is slim. eng is next to none due to crappy internal ranks (but i tihnk i did pretty well in externals).
Ahh okay. G'luck! I reckon my competition in the humanities is not as stiff as yours in the sciences/maths, but judging by the figures, I think you'll state rank it in 3U, chem and phys. I mean, around 2-4 people get state ranks in 3U from Ruse, right? Same with physics and chem. As you're ranked in the top five for them and will ride on that lovely moderation wave you have over at your school, there's a strong likelihood of being amongst the top few at your school.

You know how you said that there were like 15 people who came equal 6th in advanced English? What would your actual position be in terms of marks? Would it be 7th? (Since there'd be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th x 20, 7th (you?)) I gues sit won't matter in the end, I'm pretty sure Alex Stoyanov who used to come on boredofstudies got similar ranks to you. And got 100.

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Ahh okay. G'luck! I reckon my competition in the humanities is not as stiff as yours in the sciences/maths, but judging by the figures, I think you'll state rank it in 3U, chem and phys. I mean, around 2-4 people get state ranks in 3U from Ruse, right? Same with physics and chem. As you're ranked in the top five for them and will ride on that lovely moderation wave you have over at your school, there's a strong likelihood of being amongst the top few at your school.
yeah that's about right.

Zephyrio said:
You know how you said that there were like 15 people who came equal 6th in advanced English? What would your actual position be in terms of marks? Would it be 7th? (Since there'd be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th x 20, 7th (you?)) I gues sit won't matter in the end, I'm pretty sure Alex Stoyanov who used to come on boredofstudies got similar ranks to you. And got 100.
Umm yea something like that. But it's like 1,1,3,4,4,6(15 of em),20(large number of these). So i'm in the 5th bracket. but from what i garner, i'll get a moderated mark of the ~25th position. Everyone ranked 6th will get the moderated mark of the 13th position. I don't know, this is really weird.
Does anyone know what actually happens? (also I tihnk i'm slightly ahead of alex overall, but yea)

Also, I think it's 1/3 UMAT for UNSW, not 2/3 (that's UWS). This is because UNSW devotes 1/3 of the entry score to UAI, whereas UWS does not.
Ninja edited?
Actually i meant UAI is good (1/3), UMAT is good (1/3) and interview is meh. That's 2/3 good. lol
And UWS has 1/3 UMAT, and 2/3 Interview. No UAI, damn bastards =P

Last edited:

hannnc

HSC
After the HSC, i went on living life pretending it didn't exist and i had no furthur worries... but i never checked my Assessment Rank Order.

Is it too late?
Can i view what they have recorded?
I have gone to the students online site but i cannot find anything on assessment rank...

Help would be lovely :)

dp624

HSC
hannnc said:
After the HSC, i went on living life pretending it didn't exist and i had no furthur worries... but i never checked my Assessment Rank Order.

Is it too late?
Can i view what they have recorded?
I have gone to the students online site but i cannot find anything on assessment rank...

Help would be lovely :)
It's too late mate. THey took it down a bit ago.
but uai comes out in less than a week. so no worries, its not such a long wait

hannnc

HSC
dp624 said:
It's too late mate. THey took it down a bit ago.
but uai comes out in less than a week. so no worries, its not such a long wait
I heard you were sposed to check that the ranks were correct, and as long as they most often are, i'm happy. I just didn't want to have the wrong ranks put up...

thanks anyway :)

luvinmymonkee

HSC
i must be completely blind, when i logged into bod i can't for the life of me find my assessment rank order?? could someone please tell me where to go after the log in?!?!

dp624

HSC
Umm it's dead now. It got taken off. You need to log into Studentsonline
Plus you're HSC 06?

iEdd

HSC
I think it's gone now. It would be too late to submit a correction anyway.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
luvinmymonkee said:
i must be completely blind, when i logged into bod i can't for the life of me find my assessment rank order?? could someone please tell me where to go after the log in?!?!
it might be gone

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
iEdd said:
I think it's gone now. It would be too late to submit a correction anyway.
Correct. The appeal period has ended, so the assessment ranks are no longer available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)