"Assessment Rank Order from 13 November" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
just a question - probably been answered but I have beeter things to do than go back through all of that, what does your internal rank affect??
I'll be corrected if need be, but from what I know;

It determines what you receive as your Assessment result. For example, if you rank first in a subject in your school, you receive the highest external HSC exam result from your school for that subject as your Assessment result.

So on, and so forth, if you are second (second highest HSC exam result in that subject as your assessment mark)...

Smeegen999

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
just a question - probably been answered but I have beeter things to do than go back through all of that, what does your internal rank affect??
it affects what assesment mark you will recieve (not exam mark) in your hsc results.

For example if your ranks was 3rd for a subject in your internals, you will get the 3rd highest exam mark (reguardless of whether you achevied it) as your assesment mark (and you get your own exam mark).

Does that make sense?

HSC
English Adv: 32/143

That's the only rank I care about. I want a band 6 but I highly doubt that I went well enough.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
I'll be corrected if need be, but from what I know;

It determines what you receive as your Assessment result. For example, if you rank first in a subject in your school, you receive the highest external HSC exam result from your school for that subject as your Assessment result.

So on, and so forth, if you are second (second highest HSC exam result in that subject as your assessment mark)...
ah thanks a lot

but that's shit! take for instance Mod History for me, I always got a the 2nd 3rd mark in it for assignments (I never excelled at answering stupid questions with long and uninteresting material that they love to put in there), however for my trials in the exam I got 96, the next person got 88 does that mean I will be saddled with their mark in the HSC???!!! even thought I am clearly the better history studnet and didnt meticulously research everything on the internet just for assignments when in real life i am actually some dumb bimbo?? I am ranked 2nd

ASNSWR127

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
it affects what assesment mark you will recieve (not exam mark) in your hsc results.

For example if your ranks was 3rd for a subject in your internals, you will get the 3rd highest exam mark (reguardless of whether you achevied it) as your assesment mark (and you get your own exam mark).

Does that make sense?
*neanderthal noise in here* but yes sorta...

why cant they just give us all our exam marks - duh

ASNSWR127

HSC
Ok so just to clear it up nobody is goig to stela my exam mark?? cos i am certain I got in the high 90's for history and I would be most surprised if the dumb bitch after me got over 90...

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
*neanderthal noise in here* but yes sorta...

why cant they just give us all our exam marks - duh
I believe it is to stop people from just trying at the end of the school year and still beating / equalling people in the exam (who actually worked all year), and then receiving the same ultimate result.

It is meant to "reward" you for working hard all year in assessments, blah, blah...

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
Ok so just to clear it up nobody is goig to stela my exam mark?? cos i am certain I got in the high 90's for history and I would be most surprised if the dumb bitch after me got over 90...
If she is first, she will get your exam mark (considering its the highest from your school) as her Assessment mark. She will keep her exam mark as her exam mark, as will you, but whoever got the second highest exam mark (probably her), then you get that as your Assessment result.

Last edited:

ASNSWR127

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
I believe it is to stop people from just trying at the end of the school year and still beating / equalling people in the exam (who actually worked all year), and then receiving the same ultimate result.

It is meant to "reward" you for working hard all year in assessments, blah, blah...
oh what a load of shit - some people don't need to try THAT HARD - besides what is so good about her if she has simply 'googled' more ferociously for assignments (I beat her quite convincingly in all of our exams but exam/assignments are woth the same percentage you know how it goes that it is a lot easier to get 100 in an assignment...)?? but that is beside the point, thanks for the information anyway :) so long as she doesn't steal my exam mark for hers!

Supplementary question, which affects the UAI then? or is it both? "the asessment or exam mark?

I dont give a toss if she gets my exam mark or my whatever so long as I get 65.00 for UAI...

lizajane91

HSC
but would you even be told if she stole ur mark? pretty slack if they told you.....

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
oh what a load of shit - some people don't need to try THAT HARD - besides what is so good about her if she has simply 'googled' more ferociously for assignments (I beat her quite convincingly in all of our exams but exam/assignments are woth the same percentage you know how it goes that it is a lot easier to get 100 in an assignment...)?? but that is beside the point, thanks for the information anyway :) so long as she doesn't steal my exam mark for hers!

Supplementary question, which affects the UAI then? or is it both? "the asessment or exam mark?

I dont give a toss if she gets my exam mark or my whatever so long as I get 65.00 for UAI...
Yeah, school tends to not reflect who is actually the "brightest".

Well, it is the average of both your Assessment and Exam result that mostly determines your UAI (this is your HSC result that appears on your certificate).

If you are gaining similar marks like that in your subjects, then 60+ is simple for you.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
my school's ranking is like 110-150
then top 10 doesn't mean anything?
It is possible to get 90 / 95+ depending on how well your school went (or the people in your subjects). People I know in schools ranked lower than yours (200 or lower) in the top 10 of their subjects at least get 80.

As long as they were some decent scaled subjects, etc...

ASNSWR127

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
Yeah, school tends to not reflect who is actually the "brightest".

Well, it is the average of both your Assessment and Exam result that mostly determines your UAI (this is your HSC result that appears on your certificate).

If you are gaining similar marks like that in your subjects, then 60+ is simple for you.
haha thanks for that info it is really helpful

unfortunately I am not scoring that well in all of my subjects! otherwise I could reasonably expect a UAI of over 90 lol (physics, chem, hist, math, Adv Eng) but I do OKish in the rest (Eng and Hist are my speciality) so I am reasonably confident... I know how that works now thanks to your fabulous explanation so cheers...

how the rest of it happens.... I have no idea lol (school rank etc) but I will just wait and see I guess :)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
haha thanks for that info it is really helpful

unfortunately I am not scoring that well in all of my subjects! otherwise I could reasonably expect a UAI of over 90 lol (physics, chem, hist, math, Adv Eng) but I do OKish in the rest (Eng and Hist are my speciality) so I am reasonably confident... I know how that works now thanks to your fabulous explanation so cheers...

how the rest of it happens.... I have no idea lol (school rank etc) but I will just wait and see I guess :)
Haha, no problem. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do fine.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
Haha, no problem. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do fine.
cheers man/mannette (cant tell from your info thing lol) and good luck for your HSC (which I can't tell when it is lol)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
cheers man/mannette (cant tell from your info thing lol) and good luck for your HSC (which I can't tell when it is lol)
Guy, this year, but thanks.

Last edited:

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
is number of students in the class also matter?
like small or big class
Depends. A small class that will all score well in a decent ranked school shouldn't make much of a difference, but it will compared to a small class with a large gap between each ranked person.

Similar to a large class, if you're in the top where they will all score well, it shouldn't matter, etc.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
eng 2/70
math 1/51
bus 1/32
eco1/10
pdhpe 6/36

bio lol 8/12

pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)