• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

assessments regarding "journeys" (1 Viewer)

Aussiechick

HSC
Yeah, I have to find some related texts and analyse them with respect to 'Imaginative Journeys'

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
We got our first assesment for it last week, a speech, a letter and an essay all in one spread over 4 day.s Losts of fun...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have had to write a journey that happened to me in real life, and a whole lot of questions on Enders Game

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
oh my god! year 11 are taking over already!

engine no.9

i wish i didnt take year 11 that seriously. i used all my energy up in year 11 trying to maintain rankings and all that jazz...all to go back to zero at the start of year 12. eat some gum yea?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
oh my god! year 11 are taking over already!
Yeah, but take solace in the fact that we are now the Adv.English 'experts', willing to help when required.. And seeing 'knowledge is power' (Not quite, but they definately exist in an interrelation), we'll be in power.

At least for now, we're 'Year 12 Senior'. :p

*Gizmo*

HSC
grrr this sucks! i hate this journey crap! lol we have to do the inner journey...and some of the texts we have just are impossible to relate it too

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Listening task next thursday, speech the week after that or the week after that..

miss_pie

HSC
we have 2 do some speech fromt he perspctive of skryznecki relating his poetry to physical journeys worth 20%!!! and then in feburary we have to do a feature article on skryznecki, the stimulus booklet and additional material worth only 5%
meh

Mike iE

HSC
We have a shocker of an assesment

Choose 3 texts other than stimulus material and show how the relate to physical journeys, 700 words each.
Then, make an A4 representation of journeys and do a 5 minute speech on how 2 skrzynecki poems, a stimulus text and one of our own relates to the A4 representation we made. The A4 part is going to be a problem for he artistically challenged such as myself. worth 25%

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
I have a speech...
"it is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end" (Ursula Le Guin)
Use the above statement to prepare a speech to be delivered to a youth forum (4-5 mins) Using prescribed text (skrzynecki), stimulus book and related material...

It kinda sucks doin this considering it took me days to understand the quote in the first place...

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have a speech 4-5 mins on physical journey and i have to have at least two other ORT and analyse them...the usual

Last edited:

jason120au

HSC
Well the assessment for journeys that we have to do involves writing about 6 texts from the BOS booklet and our precribed text Skrzynecki's immirgrant cronicle, including a 3-5 minute speech and a 750 word essay based on the comment "Its the journey not the destination that matters".

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Were going for third part of our assesment tommorrow - speech on tuesday :( didn't go too well, essay yesterday and a letter to finish...

:confused: The letter is driving me nuts though - it doestn't seem like its too bad but once you start writing it - choosign the right composer is almost impossiable... oh well
back to it

J0n

N/A
HSC
We had an assesment on an audio-visual text. It was on a documentery about illegal immigrants, and we just had to answer some question about techniques used, on about the ideas, and one diary entry relating to journeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)