• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

assessments regarding "journeys" (1 Viewer)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
we had a viewing/representing task...we watched a tv show; and then we had to write diary entries from the point of view of onethe characters <-- i did soo crap, i felt like i was recounting everything

twiztidgez

cosi

we have to do an oral on cosi plus one from the stimulus booklet then we gotta do a portfolio on 3 found texts
its so fucked up and i aint got a clue wot im doin

Kirsti

HSC
Oral presentation next week - convince the board of directors of the powerhouse museum that they should include 'Cosi' and one booklet text in a website about Inner Journeys
Portfolio also next week - analyse 3 found texts in relation to Inner Journeys

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I have to do a visual representation!! im soo not creative or artistic - i thought it was suppose to be english not friggin art! i wanna do something different and original has anyone got any ideas for me?? im lost!

billieroseanna

I have one of 20% weighting(!!!) due on the 15th. It's a Portfolio with three related texts (on the Imaginary Journey), one of which has to be from the Area of Study HSC Stimulus booklet and two of our my chosen material, which I have to link to the area of study as well as Coleridge's poetry.

Hmm..

lil princess

HSC
Yeah, we've currently got two!

"Compose two visual tasks such as a collage, drawing or painting or use a graphics package. One visual text is to characterise Skrzynecki's physical journey as he represents it in his poetry. The second visual text should represent your personal physical journey(s) to this date.

Write an analysis of your own compositions that clearly outlines the relationship between your textual choices and context, purpose, audience and mode of upblication. This analysis must be between 250 - 300 words in length.

You must provide evidence of your research through an extensive bibliography and the provision of two texts of your own choosing appropriate to Physical Journey's and the task.

Each text MUST be annotated.

Write an analysis of BOTH texts that clearly outlines the relationship between textual features and context, purpose, audience and mode of publication. This analysis must be between 250 - 300 words."

Then we got another one due week two of first term next yr!

"This task requires you to represent an author or a character from any of the Stimulus Booklet's texts. You will be required to perform as this character (in class) and will be required to represent this character, not only through what you say, but also through your appearance which will include costume and body language. It may also be necessary to copy the character's or author's language patterns.

Find a text of your own choosing that complements the representation of physical journeys your character or author experiences. As that person explain to the class why you chose this text and how it helped you to further understand the concepts explored in the original text."

wildtiger

HSC
Originally posted by beergirl
I have a speech...
"it is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end" (Ursula Le Guin)
Use the above statement to prepare a speech to be delivered to a youth forum (4-5 mins) Using prescribed text (skrzynecki), stimulus book and related material...

It kinda sucks doin this considering it took me days to understand the quote in the first place...
hey hey, i got the same quote! except our task was to choose an audiovisual text (eg. a film) to use and write a feature article exploring the concept of journeys - physical, inner as well as imaginative.

and guess what. i just finished! :) gotta do it tomorrow though
:mad1:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
we had an essay question based on a film of our choice
"The journey is central to many films. Discuss how meaning is conveyed of the particular journey you are studying in class, through the use of aural and visual techniques"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)