Assumed Knowledge on Certain Courses (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
The main round offer is approaching fast and I'm dying from anticipation....

Initially, I wanted to choose Economics at UNSW, but I don't think i will be able to get into it even with my 2 bonus mark...

so i'm giving a shot on Medicinal Chemistry which has an ATAR of 92 but with my 4 bonus points I would be able to sort-of get into it.

In this course the assumed knowledges are Mathematics and Chemistry, and I didn't do chemistry at all because i hated the teacher:haha:

Would UNSW still accept me even if i don't have a rudimentary knowledge of Chemistry?

I mean I can catch up and stuff...

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
Just take a bridging course and work extra hard on your chemistry. Shouldn't take THAT long to catch up on the chemistry required for the course.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
Would UNSW still accept me even if i don't have a rudimentary knowledge of Chemistry?
they will accept you into the course, you will mainly just be disadvantaged as, from what ive heard, they do sort of an overview of the whole hsc course in a few lectures.. which is a lot faster than at high school.. and everyone else will understand and you may struggle

but a bridging course may be your safest bet

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Do the bridging course, then you will be set for Chem 1A and from experience Chem 1A at UNSW is one of the easier courses imo, lots of easy oppurtunities to get marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)