Astrophysics (1 Viewer)

4DOGS

HSC
Yeh thats what i put less that 5 solar masses and a main sequence star. I left it and then looked at the next question and it said greater than 10 solar masees. Its definately not 1 sollar masses cos thats a white dwarf and wouldnt be situated on the main sequence of the HR diagram.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i stuffed astro up so badly... and it wasnt even that difficult... i just didnt know my stuff... and im such an idiot...i used the distance modulus formula for that equation :( sooooooooo silly...ahh well, cant change it now :(

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Astro was simple, made me glad i studies more than i needed to.

-P_D

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
karumi said:
Well it was good because having not done enough study for physics I was practically freaking out about failing and seeing there were questions I could actually DO in the Astrophysics section comforted me just that little bit. The 7 marker was perfect cause it was one of the things I did study at the last minute. Hope I wrote enough. I mentioned Galileo, telescopes, spectroscopy, photometry, parallax blah blah blah. Spent too much time on it though. ^^;;
that sounds great!
im sure u nailed it :)

Lachdog

HSC
What did everyone write for the question that asked, how did u dermine that the data u obtained was reliable

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I just said repeated trials and comparing results with fellow students/investigators.

-P_D

StYlez-

HSC
4DOGS said:
Yeh thats what i put less that 5 solar masses and a main sequence star. I left it and then looked at the next question and it said greater than 10 solar masees. Its definately not 1 sollar masses cos thats a white dwarf and wouldnt be situated on the main sequence of the HR diagram.
Is this the explain wat type & mass of star is at pt A.

dude. its a 1 solar mass, spectral class F9-G1.

read it off the graph.

meekzy89

HSC
4DOGS said:
LOL!! it is one solar mass!! becuz point A is where our sun lies

our sun is ONE SOLAR MASS!!.. and it is in the main sequence!

hehe

gamecw

HSC
meekzy89 said:
LOL!! it is one solar mass!! becuz point A is where our sun lies

our sun is ONE SOLAR MASS!!.. and it is in the main sequence!

hehe
are u sure? im pretty sure its on the left of 1 solar mass, so it shud be 5 solar masses...

the syllabus says u gotta know 1,5,10 solar mass's life path.. and this one is mostly likely to be 5..

Jouma47

HSC
ruski88 said:
what did u guys have for the h-r diagram? i didnt know what reactions occurred in the white dwarf..i just wrote that there werent any reactions :S

for part ii) the type and mass of star A - i had main sequence and one solar mass...is that all u had to write?

for part iii) i basically wrote that the star of 10 solar masses would become supergiant and then a black hole
electron degenercy is what i wrote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)