At what age did you start your period? (1 Viewer)

At what age did you start your period?

• Total voters
HSC
I find that so ridiculous. Did school never teach you? Your parents? The internet?
Usually schools go through puberty education in yr5-6. Early is usually stranger danger
Parents don't talk about periods to a 9 year old. I learnt at 10 from older girls. When I was 9, I didn't have proper Internet. I started to get bloody dial-up then. Omg nostalgia

Ello1234

HSC
I mean the average is 12-13 but now it's getting to 10ish
The age is declining it used to be 16-17 then 12-13 and now lowering
Apparently it's to do with diet?
Yea that's what i heard as well...because apparently after you hit 42kg, your body thinks your ready to have a baby, hence your period starts.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Yea that's what i heard as well...because apparently after you hit 42kg, your body thinks your ready to have a baby, hence your period starts.
so are you telling me fat overweight (or possibly tall)10 year old girls are getting their periods ?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
so are you telling me fat overweight (or possibly tall)10 year old girls are getting their periods ?
Plus lots of hormones in chickens/certain chemicals are meant to decrease the age of puberty.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
so fatass 10 year olds pumped full of hormones and other chemicals are shooting out periods lol
LOL

i just read an article that said that added sugars increased chance of increased insulin resistance (or sumthn) and that also released the hormones early, so it started their periods earlier too.

they say: Researchers analyzed data from 5,583 girls in the Growing up Today Study (GUTS), surveying American children from 1996 to 2001, beginning when they were between the ages of 9 to 14. The study, published in the journal Human Reproduction, found that girls were 24% more likely to start menarche (their first menstrual cycle) in the next month if they drank at least 1.5 servings of sugar-sweetened drinks a day than if they drank no more than two servings per week.

but that is america, where they (apparently??) drink alot of 'soda'... here i drink it soooo rarely so i dont see how its happening to us aussies

HSC
Yeah artificial hormones are usually the cause of early puberty. This is the case in America since they have nearly everything GM.
Interesting fact: the youngest girl to have a child was ~5 and her early puberty was caused by the pesticides in her area.

In Australia, I heard is the increase in fast food consumption- too much oil and fat

mayngo

HSC
da faq trollers pls dont ruin the poll. barely any1 gets it under 8. generally ages 11-14 are most popular

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)