ATAR Calculators (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Re: The p00n thread

Really? Mine was just about spot on.
Well of course it would have been spot on, or at least your aggregate was close to what you got. The 'current' ATAR calculator feeds in the data from the 2012 HSC, so you're putting in your 2012 marks into the 2012 calculator - undoubtedly, it will calculate your ATAR pretty accurately, if not spot on.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

ATAR calculators are pretty accurate, the UAC don't release the full set of data so some interpolation is required. That along with the fact that the UAC use raw marks as opposed to hsc marks (they are rounded so you lose some precision trying to go from hsc mark to atar) is why they are never 100%.

But when it comes to estimating before the release of exam marks, even knowing raw mark cut offs, most students under estimate the marking standards of the hsc and their own mistakes.
Basically this.

ESPECIALLY IN SUBJECTS like science (marking criteria can kill you) or essay-writing subjects (or anything involving extended responses) such as Business, Economics, English and so on.

You can guess for Mathematics (on all levels) but for almost every other subject, it's hard to predict whether you'd get a low band 6 or a mid band 6.... same thing goes for - a mid band 6 or a high band 6.... same thing for high band 5 or JUST a band 6...

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC

Basically this.

ESPECIALLY IN SUBJECTS like science (marking criteria can kill you) or essay-writing subjects (or anything involving extended responses) such as Business, Economics, English and so on.

You can guess for Mathematics (on all levels) but for almost every other subject, it's hard to predict whether you'd get a low band 6 or a mid band 6.... same thing goes for - a mid band 6 or a high band 6.... same thing for high band 5 or JUST a band 6...
Very true.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Basically this.

Thats why my ATAR estimate only included one band 6, but it still says around 94.7 which I find quite astonishing.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Its sad to see that people are not happy with a 99.95 ATAR, even though they beat around 70000 people in their year.
Some people can be happy with as little as a 70 ATAR. Who gives a shit, its only a number that is important for 2 months and then has no value to you afterwards whatsoever.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You really can't get much higher than 99.95.
Exactly. Any way, back on the previous topic, I will be your witness that you are estimating a 95-96, and you can be my witness that I am estimating a 93-94, even though the calculators say we should both get over 99. Deal?

D94

HSC
N/A
It was 99.95 UAI. The max UAI was 100.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly. Any way, back on the previous topic, I will be your witness that you are estimating a 95-96, and you can be my witness that I am estimating a 93-94, even though the calculators say we should both get over 99. Deal?
Sure

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
A complete waste of time and money.
True. By the way D94, I think there were many more engineering co-op applicants this year. My friend applied for BIS and read my application and was like: "If you don't get in anomalous decay, then there is no way I am getting in." But he got in :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
True. By the way D94, I think there were many more engineering co-op applicants this year. My friend applied for BIS and read my application and was like: "If you don't get in anomalous decay, then there is no way I am getting in." But he got in :)
Im going for BIS as well. And CIS

fionarykim

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)