• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ATAR cut offs scaring anyone else? (1 Viewer)

chakibu

HSC
I was reading all the cut offs at work yesterday, and found that Combined Law at USYD has gone up from 99.55 to 99.65. I though 99.55 was difficult enough, personally. Does anyone else have to re-evaluate whether or not they can actually put in the required work to get into the course they want at uni?

Although, maybe I'm thinking a bit far ahead, I mean, we're only going into year eleven now...

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Not really, since I'm not aiming for anything super-high. But I have friends who were freaking out about the combined law cutoffs for USYD and UNSW [99.55]. My cousin was going for those but she missed out by .15/.05, which does scare me a little.

Haha, you've still got two years to go. No need to worry [yet] :p

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I was reading all the cut offs at work yesterday, and found that Combined Law at USYD has gone up from 99.55 to 99.65. I though 99.55 was difficult enough, personally. Does anyone else have to re-evaluate whether or not they can actually put in the required work to get into the course they want at uni?

Although, maybe I'm thinking a bit far ahead, I mean, we're only going into year eleven now...
Can you send me the link? (if there is one) Where did you read it? I've been trying to find them.

santiii

HSC
Yes! I think people need to stop getting smarter!

itszen

HSC

Have you thought that maybe its because they changed from UAI to ATAR therefore its a tiny bit higher ?
Thats why you see most ATAR cut off is higher this year to adjust them to equal UAI. Anywhoo i am a bit scared, its seems that Laws at Macquarie and ANU are going up every year. Laws@ANU shot up an unholy one full ATAR score. =[ And 95 is already scary.

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I was about to say "Yay, we can be university buddies!" until I saw you were HSC 2011... tsk tsk tsk =P
LOL damn! Take a gap year. Just kidding. I wouldn't take one, then I'd lose my study habits and never want to go to uni.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Have you thought that maybe its because they changed from UAI to ATAR therefore its a tiny bit higher ?
Thats why you see most ATAR cut off is higher this year to adjust them to equal UAI.
Not for all courses though. For combined law at USYD & UNSW, they said during Info Day that the UAI to ATAR conversion was not going to affect the cut-off for law at all.
There's just more demand for the course D=
By smarter people D=

I'm scared D=
But you '11ers shouldn't be. I mean, we can all see how much things can change in a year. Maybe all the cut offs will be incredibly low by the time you guys hit year 12 (=

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
LOL damn! Take a gap year. Just kidding. I wouldn't take one, then I'd lose my study habits and never want to go to uni.
I'm not going to take a gap year, the length from December to March when uni starts is gap enough!

klaris

HSC
December till March?

On second thought, I might not take a gap year.

klaris

HSC
You've been watching your friend's American TV shows again, Cecily?

:p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, you have November as HSC time then you have December, January and February doing nothing as I believe March is the time when University starts.

klaris

HSC
That's heaps long, which is good. I think I may work during break, save some money.

klaris

HSC
Oh. I see.

Posting new thread in prelim forum, guys...or lifestyle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)