ATAR Est. (1 Viewer)

Nezuko----

HSC
Hi so, um, this is b4 trials acting as a motivation tactic (??) in a way. and also out of curiosity.

I go to an average top 100 school, and my ranks are:
Math x1: 1/15
Math adv: 1/60
Legal: 2/28
PDHPE: 1/30
Chemistry: 5/15
English Standard: 13/80
SICT (doesn't count: for completion): 2/60

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR no lower than 91-92 and potentially up to 95.

Your current position in Mathematics Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1 and PDHPE is excellent. If you end up performing at a sufficiently high level in your trial exams that you maintain your current rank in these subjects, you will have placed yourself in a favourable position as you would in this case receive the highest Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your HSC mark) of your cohort in each of these subjects. Beyond that point, your goal will be to do your utmost in your HSC exams.

Your current rank in Legal Studies also appears to be favourable. It is therefore important to maintain it by performing well in your trial exam. In the event that you move up to the first rank, you will also benefit from the same effect mentioned above.

On the other hand, your current position in English Standard and Chemistry could hinder your pursuit of a higher ATAR. Chemistry does not seem to be as much of a problem as English Standard given that Mathematics Extension 1 can halve the effect that Chemistry would present on your ATAR by having each subject contribute one unit towards your ATAR, whereas both units of English Standard will definitely count. Based on this, perhaps additional focus on English Standard could assist you in improving your rank by performing well in your trial exam, which would in turn support your overall position.

Of course, if you can provide information regarding the number of band 6's/E4's achieved at your school in your respective subjects, this could contribute to more accurate estimates.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)