Atar estimate help (3 Viewers)

qwerty0321

HSC
They dont factor when calculating your assement ranks. For example, a mate of mine last year did SOR1 and he only got 68% for his assessment mark. However, his final HSC assessment mark was aligned to 88, as he was coming 4/90 in the subject.
So based on my ranks, would i need to necessarily improve my rank in some subjects to get a 70+ atar? Disregarding the assesment mark. Or am i pretty much set? And if i lost a couple of ranks, would i still be able to get that 70 atar?

enoilgam

HSC
I think your pretty much set for an ATAR of 70, unless you go to a school ranked in the bottom 10% of the state. If you go to a school ranked in the top 200 or maybe even the top 250, I'd say your looking at an ATAR of around 90

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
how do u find out what ur school rank is?
how exactly to ranks affect ur atar? is it all about rank? do ur actual assessment marks count for anything other than getting u ur rank?
You get your school rank from: http://images.smh.com.au/file/2010/12/15/2097102/HSC Performance 2010.pdf
Your ranks affect your ATAR because your HSC mark helps determine it - and 50% of the HSC mark depends on your ranks. According to the scaling report of the 2010 HSC, the UAC uses a raw examination mark, a raw moderated school assessment, an aligned moderation and school assessment mark and an HSC mark to determine ATAR.

heyy im doing the hsc this year n i do little study because i just need around 70 atar. Im doing pretty crap subjects but im ranked real good in them

These are my ranks and marks before trials and completion of school assessment mark

General maths - 3/15, Mark right now out of weightings of assesments = 36/60
Standard english - 2/19 Mark right now out of total weightings of assesments = 45.4/60
IPT - 1/12 - Mark right now out of total weightings of assesments = 71.5/75
Design and tech - 1/7 = Mark right now out of total weightings of assesments = 81/90
Senior science - 1/9 = Mark right now out of total weightings of assesments = 38/50

So i need an atar of about 70-75, with how im going can i get that?? even i stuff up in trials can i still really achieve that atar?

P.S, there arent many students in one class cos my school is new

Thanks.
You'll probably get around (80-85)+

Your school is new, so how far above or below that what I estimate depends on how well or how poorly you go in the HSC exams itself.

what if i were to just pass on raw marks in the actual HSC? say a 50 or 60/100, but i improve my internal ranks abit
Raw marks vary from year to year - never use them to figure out what's what, because one year the Band 6 cut off may be very high - the next year's may be very low.

qwerty0321

HSC
highest assessment mark is determined by the highest exam mark, 1st place in assesssments is given 1st place hsc exam mark and everyone else fits in some sort of bell curve

e.g. person A comes first in assessments but only gets 80 in hsc, person B is 5th in assessments but 1st in exam with 95

person A gets person B's exam mark so their assessment mark becomes 95

person B was 5th so would get something like 75 idk

what if i get a raw exam mark of 70/100 in IPT and come 1st, and im 1st in school rank in IPT with 90/100, what would change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)