• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ATAR estimate please please please (1 Viewer)

swaggerjagger

HSC
First of all, just want you guys know that my mark is really shit compares to others.
But will be really appreciate if someone can give me an estimate :)

School rank: 10-20

Standard English: 6/10
Maths ext1: 45/51
Maths ext2: 32/32 (that's awkward)
Visual art: 25/36
Language(Saturday school): 38/77

Aysce

HSC
In my opinion, 78-80.

Aysce

HSC
Seriously? I thought I'll get 60-65. Thank you!
I'm not too sure but I think you'd at least be within the low 70s. So yeah I think I might change my estimate to around 71-75.

swaggerjagger

HSC
I'm not too sure but I think you'd at least be within the low 70s. So yeah I think I might change my estimate to around 71-75.
If it is true, I will not be disappointed at all cause that's what I am aiming for

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Are peoples ATAR estimations often correct? Just wondering. I think that the OP just wait till they get their results instead of making all these guesses?

Aysce

HSC
Are peoples ATAR estimations often correct? Just wondering. I think that the OP just wait till they get their results instead of making all these guesses?
No idea, some may be correct, some may not. Estimations are mainly used to establish a very general range in ATAR an individual is likely to receive. So it essentially creates a rough idea of what a person may get and I guess is a way which helps people prepare for what they may potentially get.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
^Fair enough. But I do suggest to not think about it too much, and just have patience. You will know when you have your marks and you have a better estimation of what you should be prepared for the next day when ATARs come out.

enoilgam

HSC
First of all, just want you guys know that my mark is really shit compares to others.
But will be really appreciate if someone can give me an estimate :)

School rank: 10-20

Standard English: 6/10
Maths ext1: 45/51
Maths ext2: 32/32 (that's awkward)
Visual art: 25/36
Language(Saturday school): 38/77
It's hard to say given the low rankings, but I would say 78-82 maybe.

ATAR estimates, whether done by your school or on BoS are niether very reliable or accurate. However, they can give you a general idea of what you might get based on the information you provide.

EDIT: So pretty much what Aysce said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)