• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Estimate Please (1 Viewer)

skyisblack

HSC
80/98- (75%) Economics
90/116 (60%) Chemistry
90/108-(69%) Physics
90/99- (58%) Maths Ext2
100/166- (65%) Maths Ext1
70/90- (78%) English Ext1
100/195- (75%) English Advanced
Trial Marks are in the brackets.
School Rank: 4

Yeh I know i screwed up.

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you include your trial marks it might help.

skyisblack

HSC
Added trial marks. By the way is possible to get over 95? Like if I absolutely smash the HSC. Thanks again.

skyisblack

HSC
What'd you get for the other english assessments?
I can't remember the exact numbers but they were all above average, except for the third assessment, like 13 or 14 out of 15. I havn't lost a mark in reading/listening tasks. I just majorly stuffed up my trial.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
91.85-93.85

depends on the strength of ur grade

fiesycal

HSC
Yea it's possible to get over 95. I'm not sure how likely it is though. It'll be hard because your internal marks for everything except engadv will probably be below 90. But it should still be possible for 95+. Try the talent100 atar calculator and play round with the marks. You will get a better idea of what you can get. I'd suggest put in your worst case scenario and best case scenario first, then in between scenario's.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
i reakon u shuld get band 6 for 3U and english. the rest need to be improved. 95 is a possibility if u do well in externals.

khfreakau

HSC
you have too many units, i really think you should drop at least two units worth of subs before the actual hsc. it'll be a lot easier for you.

anyway, maintaining those internal marks would give you something like 92.5 or thereabouts, I rkn. Doing well in externals is crucial if you want to get above 95, but if you do manage to get a low band 6 for everything (like 90 for all your subs) i think you'll do much better than you expect. 95 is definitely on the cards :)

tambam

HSC
Okayyyyy I was meant to quit this silly site yesterday but because you go to my school I care about you, so I will offer my words of encouragement.

Yes, your internal ranks are undeniably terrible, but you need to remember that your hsc exam is still worth 50%, and if you say you've been doing relatively well in all other years, then I will assume you are not academically inept.

SO all things considered, including the fact that your trial marks are not actually that bad, hope is not lost!

If you get a final mark of around 85 for each subject, then your atar will be 95+
So if your hsc external marks are all low to midband 6s, then this isn't actually impossible.

michaeljennings

HSC
if you say you've been doing relatively well in all other years, then I will assume you are not academically inept.
+1

OP you said in an earlier thread that you havent studied for your exams this year so the obvious thing to do would be to study and youll probably ace the HSC if you were doing really well in previous years

skyisblack

HSC
Thanks everyone for their feedback. I really appreciate it. I think I'll just drop Economics as it probably won't count and I don't like it. I'm confident I can get over 90 in everything externally so I guess there is still hope.
Thanks again.

kappy

HSC
Okayyyyy I was meant to quit this silly site yesterday but because you go to my school I care about you, so I will offer my words of encouragement.

Yes, your internal ranks are undeniably terrible, but you need to remember that your hsc exam is still worth 50%, and if you say you've been doing relatively well in all other years, then I will assume you are not academically inept.

SO all things considered, including the fact that your trial marks are not actually that bad, hope is not lost!

If you get a final mark of around 85 for each subject, then your atar will be 95+
So if your hsc external marks are all low to midband 6s, then this isn't actually impossible.
^ words of wisdom/inspiration.

awbeyona

HSC
Hi,

Do not worry about your school assessment marks (internal marks). Maximum movement is plus minus 3~4. I am not a school teacher but I have 2010 Higher School Certificate results (P. High School in Sydney NSW, Physics). School Rank is around 100~150.

For Example:

Student Number: ****53**
Name: T**** Geor*** W**n*
School Assessment: 56 <- Pretty low, third lowest mark
Moderated Assessment: 89 <- follows your external mark
External Examination Mark: 93 <- very well done
Higher School Certificate Mark: 91
Band: 6 <- Easy Band 6

I did my Higher School Certificate back in 2009 at Sydney Boys High School. My estimate was mid-85 but I end up getting 99.25. What does this mean?

Please note that it is not 50% 50%. Your Higher School Certificate is your mark. How you perform on that day is what you are going to get. Easy?

skyisblack

HSC
Hi,

Do not worry about your school assessment marks (internal marks). Maximum movement is plus minus 3~4. I am not a school teacher but I have 2010 Higher School Certificate results (P. High School in Sydney NSW, Physics). School Rank is around 100~150.

For Example:

Student Number: ****53**
Name: T**** Geor*** W**n*
School Assessment: 56 <- Pretty low, third lowest mark
Moderated Assessment: 89 <- follows your external mark
External Examination Mark: 93 <- very well done
Higher School Certificate Mark: 91
Band: 6 <- Easy Band 6

I did my Higher School Certificate back in 2009 at Sydney Boys High School. My estimate was mid-85 but I end up getting 99.25. What does this mean?

Please note that it is not 50% 50%. Your Higher School Certificate is your mark. How you perform on that day is what you are going to get. Easy?
Wow, you beat your estimated ATAR by over 14 points? Yeh I suppose externals will make a huge difference, especially in my case.

Thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)