Chemistry- 2/15
Business Studies- 1/25
Maths- 7/16
Biology- 4/28
Legal Studies- 1/15
Adv English- 2/35
Extension 1 Eng- 2/8

Thanks in advance!!

Ps: My school doesn't have a rank yet, its a new school we are the first year group to sit it

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
Chemistry- 2/15
Business Studies- 1/25
Maths- 7/16
Biology- 4/28
Legal Studies- 1/15
Adv English- 2/35
Extension 1 Eng- 2/8

Thanks in advance!!

Ps: My school doesn't have a rank yet, its a new school we are the first year group to sit it
hard to tell since we do not know the difficulty of your exams...

ellie95

HSC
N/A
btw where is this school?
In Western Sydney Area around the hills area. By the way my tests are really difficult and my schools doing a different pathway 3 subjects this year sit the hsc exam then 3 the following year and then sit the exam for them. I'm just about finished my 3 subjects, i am gonna start the next 3 but i was just seeing what i would get according to some ranks i believe i can achieve next year.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
In Western Sydney Area around the hills area. By the way my tests are really difficult and my schools doing a different pathway 3 subjects this year sit the hsc exam then 3 the following year and then sit the exam for them. I'm just about finished my 3 subjects, i am gonna start the next 3 but i was just seeing what i would get according to some ranks i believe i can achieve next year.
How do you know the exams are difficult?

ellie95

HSC
N/A
The teachers say that their exams are hard compared to other schools so im not sure

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Purely assuming it's a rank 400 school due to its location and the fact that it's new.

If it were rank 400, I'd say you're on about 85.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
If the exam is hard, just post up the hardest question you had in the test and we can relatively determine if it is hard. But by random assumption you might be hitting around the 80s.

maths_genius

HSC
school rank doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't physically effect marks no, but it's useful to know because it gives a clue about how impressive the rankings are. For example, a rank of 40/50 at a school ranked 10th is just as good as a rank of 3/50 at a school ranked 350th.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
It doesn't physically effect marks no, but it's useful to know because it gives a clue about how impressive the rankings are. For example, a rank of 40/50 at a school ranked 10th is just as good as a rank of 3/50 at a school ranked 350th.
maths_genius, champion...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Purely assuming it's a rank 400 school due to its location and the fact that it's new.

If it were rank 400, I'd say you're on about 85.
Most schools in the Hills District are ranked much better than that lol. They do have a small cohort though so could be tipped either way by heaps.

Anyway since your cohort seems to be doing 3 exams this year and 3 next year, theoretically in the time between trials and HSC this year and the next you will be able to focus more effort on the subjects you are sitting the hsc for. Because of that i'm guessing your school will go relatively well. I'll estimate mid 90s, but you could get anywhere between like 85-99. What would be best for you is to come back this time next year, with three hsc marks + your old ranks in them, ranks in three subjects and your schools rank. Then people will be able to give better estimates.

Anyway just curious, at your school do you do one year preliminary and then two years hsc or is it somehow split up between the two years?

ellie95

HSC
N/A
What can I do in order to push my mark up to 93, any advice would be great please :)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Most schools in the Hills District are ranked much better than that lol. They do have a small cohort though so could be tipped either way by heaps.

Anyway since your cohort seems to be doing 3 exams this year and 3 next year, theoretically in the time between trials and HSC this year and the next you will be able to focus more effort on the subjects you are sitting the hsc for. Because of that i'm guessing your school will go relatively well. I'll estimate mid 90s, but you could get anywhere between like 85-99. What would be best for you is to come back this time next year, with three hsc marks + your old ranks in them, ranks in three subjects and your schools rank. Then people will be able to give better estimates.

Anyway just curious, at your school do you do one year preliminary and then two years hsc or is it somehow split up between the two years?
Thank you so much for your help, i really need to get 94 :). What we do is the last term of the year eg: after year 10, we had 1 term and we went onto prelim work and then the first term of the following year is prelim and then the next 2-3 terms is hsc cource

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Thank you so much for your help, i really need to get 94 :). What we do is the last term of the year eg: after year 10, we had 1 term and we went onto prelim work and then the first term of the following year is prelim and then the next 2-3 terms is hsc cource
Np. 94 is definitely achievable, and i'd probably say you are on track for it. But yeah, you have the advantage of getting half your marks back at the end of this year so you will have an idea of how you are going and the standards of marking in the hsc etc. Also, is maths one of the subjects you have this year or is it next year? I'm guessing you are planning on not having it count but you should still try and push your ranks up a little higher - might count over biology if that's the case.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Np. 94 is definitely achievable, and i'd probably say you are on track for it. But yeah, you have the advantage of getting half your marks back at the end of this year so you will have an idea of how you are going and the standards of marking in the hsc etc. Also, is maths one of the subjects you have this year or is it next year? I'm guessing you are planning on not having it count but you should still try and push your ranks up a little higher - might count over biology if that's the case.
Yup im doing maths this year and Im planning on not having it count, im putting so much effort in but not managing to do very well. I'd rather biology count over maths, bio scales better i heard not sure though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)