ATAR Estimate Please... (1 Viewer)

JaxsenW

HSC
Okay, so I'm just going into Year 12 now, so I know that it's really early, but I'm just curious for what roughly it looks like so far.

School Rank 2016: 454
School Rank 2015: 201
School Rank 2014: 288
School Rank 2013: 291

English Advanced: 3/38
Chemistry: 1/22
Physics: 1/15
Advanced Maths: 1/18
Extension Maths: 1/3
Modern History: 2/15

I've since dropped Modern, and have picked up Extension 2 Maths, and I am the only one in it.
I also topped Chemistry, Physics, 2U and 3U by quite a bit..

I am hoping for around 95 in the end.

Any estimates are appreciated, thanks :)

*Edit: These results were from the Prelim Year

Last edited:

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
It will all pretty much depend on how u go in your HSC exams. There's no real limit. But make sure with all your internal results as long as ur coming first, your marks dont matter. Prepare for the final exams and their difficulty etc.

Last edited:

tazhossain99

HSC
Around 93, taking into account the ease of prelim compared to hsc. You want to try being 1st in all your subjects (since your school rank is kind of low) and also want to do reasonably well in externals for your goal of 95 to be attained. With enough hard work, perseverance and intelligence you'll surely end up as dux :spin:

Last edited:

captainneuro

HSC
let's have some band 6 stats per sub last year. I believe it would be over 95 if those ranks continued to end of year 12..

JaxsenW

HSC
Around 93, taking into account the ease of prelim compared to hsc. You want to try being 1st in all your subjects (since your school rank is kind of low) and also want to do reasonably well in externals for your goal of 95 to be attained. With enough hard work, perseverance and intelligence you'll surely end up as dux :spin:
Thank you! That's encouraging haha.
Would I absolutely need to be 1st in English?
It is by far my weakest subject...

JaxsenW

HSC
let's have some band 6 stats per sub last year. I believe it would be over 95 if those ranks continued to end of year 12..
Last years cohort weren't particularly strong at our school (hence the lower than average rank), so there were no band 6's or E4's in any of my subjects last year... :spin:

Once this year cohort's results are released, I feel as if they will be more indicative of ours.

Also, I am the first person to ever take 4U at my school, and am the only one in my class, is this a good or bad thing in terms of my ATAR?

Thanks.

Last edited:

captainneuro

HSC
Last years cohort weren't particularly strong at our school (hence the lower than average rank), so there were no band 6's or E4's in any of my subjects last year... :spin:

Once this year cohort's results are released, I feel as if they will be more indicative of ours.

Also, I am the first person to ever take 4U at my school, and am the only one in my class, is this a good or bad thing in terms of my ATAR?

Thanks.
That’s okay. In that case, keep up those ranks and your atar will be determined purely by how you go in externals (hsc exams) (as BenHowe mentioned) whilst not being affected by others. Do well and easily get 95+, or not so well and get <90.

Last edited:

JaxsenW

HSC
Thanks everyone, I know what I need to do now and am certainly more optimistic to achieve my goal now!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)