• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR estimate please (1 Viewer)

ProGT408

HSC
Hey Guys, I wanted to ask you guys' idea of what may be a realistic atar for me based on my school results

My subjects are

English Advanced : 55/157. ~40 b6s every year
Maths Extension 1 13/99 ~40 b6s every year
Maths Extension 2 34/57 ~15 b6s every year
Chemistry 22/70 ~15 b6s every year
Physics 38/70 ~15 b6s every year

Ancient History Acc. 90 confirmed

my school rank is top 40 consistently

@jimmysmith560 could you help me out

PS. I wanted to know if UNSW law is a possibility with these results with a 78 lat score as well if anyone knows anything about that.

Thanks.

Demons

goated member
HSC
Hey Guys, I wanted to ask you guys' idea of what may be a realistic atar for me based on my school results

My subjects are

PS. I wanted to know if UNSW law is a possibility with these results with a 78 lat score as well if anyone knows anything about that.

Thanks.
I'm not too sure, but I think right now you are sitting around a low 90 to a mid 90 range I think possibly you could push upto a high 90.

Demons

goated member
HSC
Really I'm thinking more in the 80s, idk their rankings are not that great across subjects, but the b6 rate is saving them for some
Yea that's why I'm not too sure, the ranking indicate that they are around the 80s range but the b6 rates of the past years push it up, but I may be largely wrong.

Solarised

HSC
Yea that's why I'm not too sure, the ranking indicate that they are around the 80s range but the b6 rates of the past years push it up, but I may be largely wrong.
Yea it honestly depends on the b6 rate this year, if its like the previous fo sure they sit in the 90s, but based of these raw its looking like the 80s fo me rn

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A

My subjects are

Thanks.
prolly 85-89

Francis006

HSC
Is this actually true guys?! I have similar ranks to these in my school which is ranked top 35 and my school atar estimate was 96. @jimmysmith560 sorry to bother you but I might have a heart attack.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR of approximately 95-96. Your position is favourable across most of your subjects, with some being slightly different than others. The fact that you achieved 90 overall in Ancient History (congratulations! 🥳) is good and the subject will therefore make a positive contribution to your ATAR.

At this stage, Mathematics Extension 1 is your best-performing subject, and is likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important to continue applying your effective study strategy in preparation for this subject's HSC exam, allowing you to solidify your overall performance in this subject and ensure that it makes a significant contribution to your ATAR.

Though your position is still favourable, English Advanced and Chemistry are some of your lower-performing subjects compared to the aforementioned subjects. This potentially indicates more room for improvement in these subjects, which would warrant the allocation of additional study time in preparation for their HSC exam to ensure the best possible overall results in both.

Lastly, Mathematics Extension 2 and Physics appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. This is where there may be the largest room for improvement, meaning that it would be good to focus more on your preparations for their HSC exam to address any areas of improvement, allowing you to maximise your results, and consequently your ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)