ATAR estimate pls (1 Viewer)

THErealDRINKSTER

HSC
Here's the thing buddy,

ATAR is JUST A NUMBER. So don't let it define you!

Nevertheless, I ran you predicted marks based on your school ranking (high 300s) and theres a chance you could get an 85. But, take it with a very teenie tiny grain of salt (it may be higher)

tgone

HSC
if you're at the top of your school for most subjects, the school ranking matters very little - for the subjects that you're rank 1 in, you'll get your own hsc mark, so just do the best you can! If you can get a 90+ raw on all the papers then (despite the other responses on this thread) then a 99+ atar is very achievable. At the end of the day it really depends on your performance in the HSC, u can basically get any range of atars based on ur school ranks and how much you study over the next months, esp if you manage to clutch up english again.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
if you're at the top of your school for most subjects, the school ranking matters very little - for the subjects that you're rank 1 in, you'll get your own hsc mark, so just do the best you can! If you can get a 90+ raw on all the papers then (despite the other responses on this thread) then a 99+ atar is very achievable. At the end of the day it really depends on your performance in the HSC, u can basically get any range of atars based on ur school ranks and how much you study over the next months, esp if you manage to clutch up english again.
jesus your atar is 😩

tgone

HSC
@tgone how is Dalyell? It's my goal for usyd and I'm quite worried I'm barely gonna miss out on the 98 atar
a lot of ppl will tell u the same thing, theres a funny copypasta in the usyd discord, but its kinda valid; its useless if u dont put effort into it (like 90% of the people that do it, inc me), but if you rlly are invested then it will be quite beneficial, especially the individual research project stuff, its a great opportunity. the other thing is the 2k they give you if u want to go overseas for some study, which is nice.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
a lot of ppl will tell u the same thing, theres a funny copypasta in the usyd discord, but its kinda valid; its useless if u dont put effort into it (like 90% of the people that do it, inc me), but if you rlly are invested then it will be quite beneficial, especially the individual research project stuff, its a great opportunity. the other thing is the 2k they give you if u want to go overseas for some study, which is nice.
wait so what actually is it? I just assumed it's a scholarship where they just allow you to go to usyd whilst paying less - or do they have other things involved too?

tgone

HSC
wait so what actually is it? I just assumed it's a scholarship where they just allow you to go to usyd whilst paying less - or do they have other things involved too?
dalyell isn't really a scholarship perse, i'm pretty sure you pay the same fees as everyone else (unless u have another scholarship), its more of a separate stream of elective units that allows you to do extra (more advanced / job focused) subjects, which can be related to ur original degree if you choose as such. the main money scholarship that people apply for is Sydney Scholars, which is just a one time $6k payment. afaik the only financial benefit of dalyell is the global mobility program (the 2k thing i mentioned earlier).

a lot of people make fun of dalyell for being useless, but it really depends on how you use it, as cringe as that sounds.

edit: forgot to add, it goes on your degree if you graduate with it, so that's nice for employers i suppose.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
dalyell isn't really a scholarship perse, i'm pretty sure you pay the same fees as everyone else (unless u have another scholarship), its more of a separate stream of elective units that allows you to do extra (more advanced / job focused) subjects, which can be related to ur original degree if you choose as such. the main money scholarship that people apply for is Sydney Scholars, which is just a one time $6k payment. afaik the only financial benefit of dalyell is the global mobility program (the 2k thing i mentioned earlier).

a lot of people make fun of dalyell for being useless, but it really depends on how you use it, as cringe as that sounds.

edit: forgot to add, it goes on your degree if you graduate with it, so that's nice for employers i suppose.
oh okay.
so if I am planning to study B adv comp / B science at usyd, and I'm aiming for that daylell scholarship, would you still say it's worth it?? obviously I will still try to get that 98 atar

tgone

HSC
@tgone how is Dalyell? It's my goal for usyd and I'm quite worried I'm barely gonna miss out on the 98 atar
also, i should add that its not the end of the world if you miss out on 98+, if you maintain a CSAM (cross-semester average mark) of above 75 (distinction avg, not too hard to get if you keep up with the course content), you can apply to be a dalyell scholar and have all the benefits of it beginning in second year. i didn't actually take any dalyell units (thats the special pool of electives you can choose as a dalyell scholar) this year, so starting second year dalyell really won't affect much at all unless you're really desperate to take those units in first year.

tgone

HSC
oh okay.
so if I am planning to study B adv comp / B science at usyd, and I'm aiming for that daylell scholarship, would you still say it's worth it?? obviously I will still try to get that 98 atar
in my opinion, its definitely worth it as a nice addon, but i need to emphasise that its not a scholarship, it just gives you access to 1. enrichment units, different from the typical adv/ssp units and 2. the global mobility 2k scheme.

the dalyell scholar stream page explains it better than i can; https://www.sydney.edu.au/students/dalyell-scholars.html

definitely would say it is worth it if you end up getting above 98 though!

carrotsss

HSC
in my opinion, its definitely worth it as a nice addon, but i need to emphasise that its not a scholarship, it just gives you access to 1. enrichment units, different from the typical adv/ssp units and 2. the global mobility 2k scheme.

the dalyell scholar stream page explains it better than i can; https://www.sydney.edu.au/students/dalyell-scholars.html

definitely would say it is worth it if you end up getting above 98 though!
is there any negative

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Final update/predictions
I had a terrible cohort last year, all the teachers said it was the worst they've ever seen. Based on my cohort this year, and comparing to past years on hsc ninja I'm predicting these results (including my own)

English adv - 3b6 [3rd]
Chem - 1b6 [1st]
Bio - 2b6 [1st]
SOR1 - 3b6 [2nd]
MX1 - 1b6 [1st]

I think I'll be fine to get 47-50 in SOR (I find it really easy despite messing up section 1 on the trial) and hopefully 90-93 in English. Chem, bio, mx1 I'm set because I'm rank 1 and trust my performance. Based on this do you think being ranked 3rd in english and 2nd in sor will make too big of an impact? In terms of rounded marks given to NESA I'm 5 off the top in english and 1 off the top in sor.

Anyway my aim is 99 so it will be interesting to compare back to this on december with my final results as well as my cohorts.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Final update/predictions
I had a terrible cohort last year, all the teachers said it was the worst they've ever seen. Based on my cohort this year, and comparing to past years on hsc ninja I'm predicting these results (including my own)

English adv - 3b6 [3rd]
Chem - 1b6 [1st]
Bio - 2b6 [1st]
SOR1 - 3b6 [2nd]
MX1 - 1b6 [1st]

I think I'll be fine to get 47-50 in SOR (I find it really easy despite messing up section 1 on the trial) and hopefully 90-93 in English. Chem, bio, mx1 I'm set because I'm rank 1 and trust my performance. Based on this do you think being ranked 3rd in english and 2nd in sor will make too big of an impact? In terms of rounded marks given to NESA I'm 5 off the top in english and 1 off the top in sor.

Anyway my aim is 99 so it will be interesting to compare back to this on december with my final results as well as my cohorts.
academic weapon

tgone

HSC
late reply, but no negatives, it’s an overall really positive thing to do

you do have to maintain a 75+ wam i believe, which shouldn’t be too bad if you got 98+ atar in the first place, the percentiles are about the same :)

is there any negative

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)