atar estimate post trials? (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
tysm, this was rlly motivating. i just don't know of many med courses that accept 99 without ucat except for usyd. I've spoken to students who got in with a 98 but a rlly high ucat score, I'm just mad at myself of the ucat situation i cant believe i missed out on it. the unis have told me that i can do a year of another degree and do the ucat (so id get into med using my atar from 2023 and 2024 ucat score - but they said admissions for that are even more unlikely compared to gamsat students which didn't make sense at all lollll).

ahhhh I'm just so stressedddd idk what to do I'm so mad at myself 😭😭😭
dont be mad, we all miss deadlines etc (speaking of I need to submit an application tn)
there's no point stressing and being upset about something that already happened
just focus on the future :)

loserboser

HSC
theres literally so many pathways. U can take a gap year if u get the atar and even if u dont u can do any course and just get rlly good in it to transfer while doing ucat next year
my parents hate the idea of me doing a gap yr, and tbh i agree with them bc what if i don't get in even then? that's a whole yr wasted idk. but tysm for ur advice!! I've inquired abt transferring degrees and some unis have told me that they don't do that. instead, they need a high GPA and high ucat score but I'm still competing with everyone else in the sm pool the following year, so its not as easy as just transferring, rather its just another form of competition.

loserboser

HSC
dont be mad, we all miss deadlines etc (speaking of I need to submit an application tn)
there's no point stressing and being upset about something that already happened
just focus on the future :)
thank you, uve helped a lot! good luck with ur application too :)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
tysm, this was rlly motivating. i just don't know of many med courses that accept 99 without ucat except for usyd. I've spoken to students who got in with a 98 but a rlly high ucat score, I'm just mad at myself of the ucat situation i cant believe i missed out on it. the unis have told me that i can do a year of another degree and do the ucat (so id get into med using my atar from 2023 and 2024 ucat score - but they said admissions for that are even more unlikely compared to gamsat students which didn't make sense at all lollll).

ahhhh I'm just so stressedddd idk what to do I'm so mad at myself 😭😭😭
gamsat is so risky

jxu0

HSC
Yeah exactly its actually sorta delusional that you were even expecting to get a 99.95. No offense but those ranks in a top 10-20 school might get it not at a 110 rank.

jxu0

HSC
Not trying to be rude, but U need to stop being so dead set on medicine. its not good bc u need to open up your mind to careers esp if u haven't even taken the UCAT.

carrotsss

HSC
Not trying to be rude, but U need to stop being so dead set on medicine. its not good bc u need to open up your mind to careers esp if u haven't even taken the UCAT.
honestly aiming for med is ok but yeah they can’t really expect it next year if they didn’t do UCAT, they’ll have to sit UCAT next year

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Realistically, having these unrealistic expectations can further limit your atar. Being fully set on achieving a 99.95 can put lots of pressure on you. Pressures that may lead you to stress out, and therefore fog your critical thinking during tests from negative thoughts brought upon by your set in stone goals. I believe you should forget about what atar you want (whether its a 70 or 99.95) and just focus on how you can maximise it. Additionally, take some time for yourself ♥. Your well-being is just as important as study when you tackle exams, so I urge you to please look after yourself- this could be trying some mindfulness practices, sports, basically anything to take your mind off school and results.

- All the best for your journey through these final few weeks of school 💪🙏. We're all rooting for you!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)