ATAR Estimate Thanks =) (1 Viewer)

Jacqui-Lai

HSC
Hi everyone,

Im not really sure how the ATAR thing works having left school like 3 year ago...so Ive like kinda forgotten how it works.

1. One of my students i used to tutor emailed me for an ATAR estimate.
2. She is also wondering whether ranks in school assessments are more important than marks...?

She attends a school of rank between: 100-115
Last year 15 people got above 90 in her school

Subjects (w.r.t. ranks)
Mathematics Ext II: 4/4
Mathematics Ext I: 5/10
English Advanced: 35/85
Chemistry: 28/32
Physics: 21/21
Studies of Religion I: 25/105

Thanks

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking low 80s.

RishBonjour

HSC
LOL thats a bit harsh... But realistically what is a possible ATAR can she achieve =S
Sorry, but I'm drooling over your Phy mark haha. Your student's ranks aren't impressive, but I think low 80s if lucky.

enoilgam

HSC
Its hard to say to be honest, because it will largely hinge on how well she does in MX1 and MX2 (the ranks dont really help there). I reckon low-mid 80's but this is really a stab in the dark.

Jacqui-Lai

HSC
Its hard to say to be honest, because it will largely hinge on how well she does in MX1 and MX2 (the ranks dont really help there). I reckon low-mid 80's but this is really a stab in the dark.
So does that mean, no 90 for her?

enoilgam

HSC
So does that mean, no 90 for her?
Its very hard to say, I am not very confident with my estimate (I'm never very confident on any estimate, but this one in particular), but its possible. Remember, an estimate is just that, an estimate (whether given by us or your school). We can only give a person a general idea of what they might get.

Jacqui-Lai

HSC
Its very hard to say, I am not very confident with my estimate (I'm never very confident on any estimate, but this one in particular), but its possible. Remember, an estimate is just that, an estimate (whether given by us or your school). We can only give a person a general idea of what they might get.
hmm true. I guess I'll tell her that to boost her confidence =) Thanks

zhiying

HSC
Don't wanna sound slack but yeah 90s will be quite hard for her IMO, but mid 80s definitely achievable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)