ATAR Estimate!! (1 Viewer)

Cazzameline

HSC
Hey guys, would you please be able to estimate my atar?

My school was ranked 74th last year.

Subject, Rank, Trial Mark
English Advanced: 24/51, 83/105 (was ranked 11th for trials)

English Extension: 8/16, 39/50

Economics: 4/10, 86%

Legal Studies: 3/20, 82% (kinda flunked out in trials, had ext. on same day. normally get 90%+ in legal)

Mathematics: 12/31, 58% (hoping maths doesn't count)

Modern History: 10/29, 76% (hoping to do better, only studied the night before for this)

SOR 1: 24/90, 37/50

Thanks!

Cazzameline

HSC
Thanks, do you think there is anyway to get 94-95 if i ace exams? im hoping to get a band 6 in legal and possibly eco, they're my best subjects.

enoilgam

HSC
Thanks, do you think there is anyway to get 94-95 if i ace exams? im hoping to get a band 6 in legal and possibly eco, they're my best subjects.
I think its still be possible, the externals are worth 50%.

awbeyona

HSC
Hi,

Do not worry about your school assessment marks (internal marks). Maximum movement is plus minus 3~4. I am not a school teacher but I have 2010 Higher School Certificate results (P. High School in Sydney NSW, Physics). School Rank is around 100~150.

For Example:

Student Number: ****53**
Name: T**** Geor*** W**n*
School Assessment: 56 <- Pretty low, third lowest mark
Moderated Assessment: 89 <- follows your external mark
External Examination Mark: 93 <- very well done
Higher School Certificate Mark: 91
Band: 6 <- Easy Band 6

I did my Higher School Certificate back in 2009 at Sydney Boys High School. My estimate was mid-85 but I end up getting 99.25. What does this mean?

Please note that it is not 50% 50%. Your Higher School Certificate is your mark. How you perform on that day is what you are going to get. Easy?

Cazzameline

HSC
Yep, sounds easy enough, just need to ace the exams! Thankyou very much :)

Cazzameline

HSC
Ignore what awbeyona said they are trolling.
ok, yeah i saw that other post, their profile says they're a girl, yet here they're a boy.

Regardless, I need to go well in exams. fml, goodbye law degree..

enoilgam

HSC
ok, yeah i saw that other post, their profile says they're a girl, yet here they're a boy.

Regardless, I need to go well in exams. fml, goodbye law degree..
Well, it depends where you want to go. Some universities offer law for around 90ish.

Cazzameline

HSC
Well, it depends where you want to go. Some universities offer law for around 90ish.
I need 96 for arts/law at Macquarie, my second option is to go into arts for a year then transfer, but i don't really want to do that.

enoilgam

HSC
I need 96 for arts/law at Macquarie, my second option is to go into arts for a year then transfer, but i don't really want to do that.
Have you thought about other universities? Also, last year for macquarie law/commerce, the cutoff was 96, but people in the 94's got in first round.

Cazzameline

HSC
Have you thought about other universities? Also, last year for macquarie law/commerce, the cutoff was 96, but people in the 94's got in first round.
I initially looked at a few other universities, but macquarie has the degree i want. If i could go to uts, i would, but they don't have a very broad arts program. Really? with 94? how does that work?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I initially looked at a few other universities, but macquarie has the degree i want. If i could go to uts, i would, but they don't have a very broad arts program. Really? with 94? how does that work?
The cutoff changes from year to year - also, Macquarie had vacancies in the vast majority of its combined law degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)