HSC
School rank about 200

Adv. English: 11/75
MX1: 5/37
MX2: 3/11
Chemistry: 6/41
Physics: 3/43
Biology: 1/47

Please try not to be mean, I'm a nice person, I did the other post at 5am and was really pissed because in another thread I read that school rank affects your ATAR a lot which got me really depressed.
I have the potential and motivation to get 99+, I'm just worried that my current ranks and my school ranks will make it really hard. Please believe me when I say some assessment affected my rank real bad due to various reasons.
I'll improve my ranks to possibly first in everything in the trials, but who knows, nothing is guaranteed. All I've done is 30% of the HSC so I was depressed to know that I'll not get 99+ even if I have 70% left.
Also, how likely is it to get rank 1 in the trials if I've been literally studying 10 hours a day every day on the holidays, efficiently.
I might have been exaggerating about how bad my school is but I'll be honest here, there are some smart students but some of the teachers are actually bad.
Thanks for the nice words in the other post, really motivated me in some way :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
School rank about 200

Adv. English: 11/75
MX1: 5/37
MX2: 3/11
Chemistry: 6/41
Physics: 3/43
Biology: 1/47

Please try not to be mean, I'm a nice person, I did the other post at 5am and was really pissed because in another thread I read that school rank affects your ATAR a lot which got me really depressed.
I have the potential and motivation to get 99+, I'm just worried that my current ranks and my school ranks will make it really hard. Please believe me when I say some assessment affected my rank real bad due to various reasons.
I'll improve my ranks to possibly first in everything in the trials, but who knows, nothing is guaranteed. All I've done is 30% of the HSC so I was depressed to know that I'll not get 99+ even if I have 70% left.
Also, how likely is it to get rank 1 in the trials if I've been literally studying 10 hours a day every day on the holidays, efficiently.
I might have been exaggerating about how bad my school is but I'll be honest here, there are some smart students but some of the teachers are actually bad.
Thanks for the nice words in the other post, really motivated me in some way :)
Same estimate - 95-96.

The Matrix

HSC
Same estimate - 95-96.
I'll get rank 1 in the trials I'm serious, and I'll ace the HSC. Performing relatively poorly in some assessments doesn't mean I'll get a shitty ATAR, that's really sad if you think about it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'll get rank 1 in the trials I'm serious, and I'll ace the HSC. Performing relatively poorly in some assessments doesn't mean I'll get a shitty ATAR, that's really sad if you think about it.
We can only base our opinions of the marks and rank you give us. Anything else is just generous speculation. If all you want to hear is you'll get 99+ then there's no point in asking, because your cherry picking your answer.

The Matrix

HSC
We can only base our opinions of the marks and rank you give us. Anything else is just generous speculation. If all you want to hear is you'll get 99+ then there's no point in asking, because your cherry picking your answer.
Ture, but in my situation is it possible and how possible?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
We don't know the gaps between students. If someone is already hugely ahead of you, then you may not be able to close the gap in ranks. As for your external marks, you have the potential to get anything you want.

It's all speculative.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
What was the other thread about?

The estimates are based on what you have done, not what you can do.

The Matrix

HSC
Will try my best, I believe in myself :) thanks.
If I get 96, I'll do advanced science and transfer to a 99+ course like PhB or R&D or even med through gamsat. I heard doing science will make gamsat really easy.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, make sure your not just picking courses based on how difficult they are to get into. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you do that.

The Matrix

HSC
What was the other thread about?

The estimates are based on what you have done, not what you can do.
Say I get rank 1, will school rank affect me in any way? Will I get 99+ if I get all band 6's in the HSC considering my subjects?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Say I get rank 1, will school rank affect me in any way? Will I get 99+ if I get all band 6's in the HSC considering my subjects?
Your chance is increased drastically, but there is no guarantee that you'll get 99+. If you know, tell us what the person ranked first in those subjects got last year. Like 1st in MX1 got 95 etc.

iBibah

HSC
Will try my best, I believe in myself :) thanks.
If I get 96, I'll do advanced science and transfer to a 99+ course like PhB or R&D or even med through gamsat. I heard doing science will make gamsat really easy.
If your interested that's good, but know there is no shame in doing a 96 ATAR course. Are you even interested in med? I get the idea you like physics but not sure about med?

iBibah

HSC
You mean 2011 HSC? or what the person coming first right now?
2011 HSC, oviously the person coming first now hasn't got his mark. Also if you come first in a subjects, your school performance has no bearing on your mark, assuming you get the highest HSC mark.

The Matrix

HSC
At the moment I'm about 3%-5% behind the person coming first, maybe 7% in some subjects like MX1 and Chem.

The Matrix

HSC
All I know about 2011 HSC is that my school was top 10 in biology and like 3 people got 99+. My cohort is about 250, very few of them get 90+ in the HSC the rest are just random kids who think they are too good for studying.

iBibah

HSC
From that at least go for top 3 or 2 and go well in externals and you should do well.

Good luck!

The Matrix

HSC
BTW, I'll get 99.95.
Current ranks don't mean shit as long as I get 70%/70% in trials and HSC which I will...

FreeLearner

HSC
To be honest, I think you should be careful of being overly confident of being able to get this good. Remember, that you aren't first in everything = your not perfect (no one is) so your goal isn't to be thinking you need to max all the exams, instead you should be aiming to try and get the highest possible mark you can achieve. Since if your overly confident and then stuff up you'll feel bad + you'll put far too much pressure on yourself.
Although, I must say if you really believe you can achieve these spectacular results in both trials + hsc then go ahead try your best, and I'm sure you'll do good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)