Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeLearner

HSC
BTW, I'll get 99.95.
Current ranks don't mean shit as long as I get 70%/70% in trials and HSC which I will...
What makes you think you're certainly going to get 70%/70% remember you're just a human, not some sort of machine...

Unless you've got some kind of connections at the marking centre (which I hardly doubt is even possible) then a max mark in the hsc is doable, Other than that a max mark is really rare, not to mention that there are a mere few who do it every year, most of which are probably not winging on BOS at this current time. LOL

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
BTW, I'll get 99.95.
Current ranks don't mean shit as long as I get 70%/70% in trials and HSC which I will...
It's statements like this that annoy people. If you're confident that you'll get 99.95, then don't ask for an estimate. If your not, then don't make statements like this. People are doing there best to give you an honest estimate based on the information you've provided us. Either take them on board, or don't ask for it. You can't have both.

iBibah

HSC
It's statements like this that annoy people. If you're confident that you'll get 99.95, then don't ask for an estimate. If your not, then don't make statements like this. People are doing there best to give you an honest estimate based on the information you've provided us. Either take them on board, or don't ask for it. You can't have both.
+1

Will he delete this one and go for third time lucky?

The Matrix

HSC
I'm really sorry. I'll do my best though, nothing is impossible! All I'm saying is that current ranks can't determine what ATAR I'll get, if it is true then that's really depressing to know you'll not get the mark you want by doing only 30% of your HSC which may not be a fair reflection of your full potential.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm really sorry. I'll do my best though, nothing is impossible! All I'm saying is that current ranks can't determine what ATAR I'll get, if it is true then that's really depressing to know you'll not get the mark you want by doing only 30% of your HSC which may not be a fair reflection of your full potential.
But look at it the other way. Another student might do badly in the exams because they're having an off day. Is it fair that they get those bad marks, even though the rest of the session they've done amazing work. The HSC is a marathon, not a sprint.

iBibah

HSC
Then what;s the point of this thread?

Come on guys, don't treat me like this, I'm a really nice guy.
I have no problem with you, tbh I feel sorry that you keep doing this to yourself. All you needed to do was give school rank and ranks and get an estimate and that's it. But the first time you gave all these excuses and blamed your school, and then this thread you are being arrogant. There is nothing wrong with aiming for 99.95, just how you go about telling people maybe isn't the best.

Anyway as for the HSC, it is fair. And even if you think it's not, use it so you get an advantage. I guarantee that every 99.95er worked consistently through the year. An example I have seen so far is iSplicer. From what I have read he done well not because he is a prodigy, but because he played smart (Don't get me wrong, he is smart :D). He talks about the importance of scaling because he knows that scaling is a major factor when aiming for max ATAR. I think I read a post by him saying that trials are not to learn everything, but just cover tiny details, because the learning part was done throughout the year (don't quote me on this). Another 99.95er I know told me he was ALWAYS on top of his work, and that he was ready for an exam a lot earlier than the night or two before.

FreeLearner

HSC
sorry to say Matrix, but I don't see you getting an actual (99.95) I'd estimate 97+ given your putting really good effort in. You have to remember its not an easy or common feat, it is rare, especially rare in schools that aren't ranked too good. Even my school ranked in top 50, hasn't had many 99.95s in the past, usually we have 99.50s or 99.80, although we tend to have lots of 95+ .

My bet is you won't scrape a .95, but you will get good. I pray you prove us wrong, all the best!

The Matrix

HSC
Thank you guys, I really feel bad now for being kind of disrespectful.
I don't wanna say I'm happy with 97, I'll aim for 99.95 and try to believe that I'll get it and if I don't get exactly that, then I'll be satisfied with whatever I get, I'll do my best.
Also, iSplicer is a genius!
I wish I knew him since the beginning of the year so he tutors me, 99.95 would have been a much easier task to achieve.
I don't think I'll use this website again. I'm wasting too much time and getting into really pointless arguments, I should go study instead, hopefully I can prove you guys wrong :)
Please don't hate on me while I'm not here.
Good bye everyone, good bye iSplicer :)
Will use this website to check INBOX every now and then though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)