Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

Skeptyks

HSC
Hey, wondering if I could please get an estimate for these ranks from a school at ~200 (I think)

MX1: 1-2/6
MX2: 2-3 /15
Advanced English: 3/30
Economics: 1/5
Ancient History: 4-5 /20

Any hope of getting into UNSW Commerce (~97) and I'm also wondering if there's bonus points to get into that course. I heard from somewhere if you get band 6 in Adv English you get some bonus points?

Thanks

Last edited:

2xL

HSC
Hey, wondering if I could please get an estimate for these ranks from a school at ~200 (I think)

MX1: 1/6
Ancient History: 1-2 /20

Any hope of getting into UNSW Commerce (~97) and I'm also wondering if there's bonus points to get into that course. I heard from somewhere if you get band 6 in Adv English you get some bonus points?

Thanks
Too hard to tell, depends on externals.

Sindivyn

HSC

MX1: 1/6
Ancient History: 1-2 /20

Thanks
15 people doing MX 2, but only 6 do MX1?
Also, too hard to tell, will depend on externals

Skeptyks

HSC
15 people doing MX 2, but only 6 do MX1?
Also, too hard to tell, will depend on externals
Awww, why will it depend on externals? Also, its a different school I go to for MX2 :]

BTW is it at least enough for a 90?

Anyone have any clue about the bonus points?

ncoul

HSC
I don't think UNSW gives away bonus points that frivolously. You'll need to come from a district of disadvantage or there's some scheme where your principal gives the highest scoring, prospective UNSW student admission into most courses; something like that.

Sindivyn

HSC
Awww, why will it depend on externals? Also, its a different school I go to for MX2 :]

BTW is it at least enough for a 90?

Anyone have any clue about the bonus points?
Mainly on externals because not many people around you will provide you with a strong safeguard, meaning the mark you get in your external is likely to be your assessment mark too. Definitely enough for 90+ if you go well.

Skeptyks

HSC
Mainly on externals because not many people around you will provide you with a strong safeguard, meaning the mark you get in your external is likely to be your assessment mark too. Definitely enough for 90+ if you go well.

barbernator

HSC
Wow... even band 5 advanced english gives 2 points??? However, if places are filled up, they don't take people that have needed bonus points as opposed to pure high ATAR applicants right?
nope, they take bonus points as if they were your atar. e.g. you get 95 and b5 english you are considered equal to someone who got 97 atar. I don't think you will have any problem getting into your course with your ranks and BP's. You will EASILY get a 92 atar and 5 bonus points. just don't get complacent.

Skeptyks

HSC
nope, they take bonus points as if they were your atar. e.g. you get 95 and b5 english you are considered equal to someone who got 97 atar. I don't think you will have any problem getting into your course with your ranks and BP's. You will EASILY get a 92 atar and 5 bonus points. just don't get complacent.
Thanks, I won't, working hard ;]

onedaysnotice

HSC
lol can you do that?
Well for my school, some students go to other schools to do their class since there wasn't enough student demand for the class to warrant getting a teacher, implementing it into the timetable, etc.

Skeptyks

HSC
Well for my school, some students go to other schools to do their class since there wasn't enough student demand for the class to warrant getting a teacher, implementing it into the timetable, etc.
This is exactly the reason.

destiny-genius

HSC
Can anyone come from another school also? and where is it?

onedaysnotice

HSC
Can anyone come from another school also? and where is it?
Umm I'm pretty sure both schools will have to work out a deal, so unless your school is part of that treaty then no. and I think the person goes to Wyndam (or however you spell it) for their class.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What rank is the school you are doing MX2 at?

If you go well in the HSC i'd say you will be able to get into Commerce at UNSW. You should be able to get atleast 4 of the bonus marks, i dont want to say that because of that you only have to do atleast average (by your ranks standards!) in the externals but that is probably the case lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)