Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I already got an estimate from the school, but was curious what you guys think :)

School rank - in the top 5

Eng Adv.
Mark: 83/100

Eng Ext. 1
Mark: 39/50

Eng Ext. 2
Mark: 49/50

Maths 2U
Mark: 97/100

Maths 3U
Mark: 39/50

German Cont.
Mark: 93/100

German Ext.
Mark: 44/50
(constantly half a mark off 1st)

IPT HSC mark done in 2014: 94

My estimate from the school was 97.2 or so in term 2 and 98.1 after trials.

Thankyou :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Girl, you god damn killing it. The fact that you go to a top 5 school and you're doing great won't let you down at all.

I have no experience with ATAR estimating but it looks like a pretty solid 97+ as your school has suggested, easily.

Might be a little bit disappointed if I find out you're a Sydney Girl though

Orwell

HSC
Wow, school rank effects an ATAR that much?

Take these ranks and assume the individual who received went to a 250-300 school, how would it look then?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Girl, you god damn killing it. The fact that you go to a top 5 school and you're doing great won't let you down at all.

I have no experience with ATAR estimating but it looks like a pretty solid 97+ as your school has suggested, easily.

Might be a little bit disappointed if I find out you're a Sydney Girl though

haha you know me in person and the skype group.. im not a sydney girl :p

but thankyou ^3^

chiefpasco

HSC

Take these ranks and assume the individual who received went to a 250-300 school, how would it look then?
65 or less.

A top 5 school is full of smart students, even shit internal ranks of a student in these schools will have a good ATAR because those behind them are still smart and would easily be in top 5 internally in a 300~ rank school.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

But I mean, ranks are different in every school. Can safely assume there would be a lot of bunching and competition where people get similar marks. Coming 100th in a 200 - 300th ranked school is pretty bad because you assume there is not a lot of competition (maybe a few top kids less than 20 and thats it as opposed to the whole selective cohort being competitive)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
But I mean, ranks are different in every school. Can safely assume there would be a lot of bunching and competition where people get similar marks. Coming 100th in a 200 - 300th ranked school is pretty bad because you assume there is not a lot of competition (maybe a few top kids less than 20 and thats it as opposed to the whole selective cohort being competitive)
yeah honestly when i did IPT in order to seperate our ranks more they had to find our percentages to the 0.01 percents

there can still be a really significant difference in the types of things people do and the marks people get between the lowest and highest rank at my school, but some ranks are really bunched

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
yeah honestly when i did IPT in order to seperate our ranks more they had to find our percentages to the 0.01 percents

there can still be a really significant difference in the types of things people do and the marks people get between the lowest and highest rank at my school, but some ranks are really bunched
I know o: Happens in the top classes at my school - not to your degree since our whole cohort isn't competitive. But I'm down 3 report mark out of 50 compared to 4th place and somehow I'm 15th. Soooo woo HSC LOL

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Meanwhile at my school..difference between 1st and 2nd is 15% lmao

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I mean the perks of a slightly low ranking school is that if you're 1st and/or 2nd in everything you do, you're settled for yourself :D?
*Slightly* lol
But I mean its easy to rank good but its easy to get cocky..so I have to give myself reality checks and try to improve myself everytime. However competition can be motivating for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)