ATAR Estimate?? (1 Viewer)

Bumblebee_18

HSC
Hiii! I was wondering if someone could give me an estimate given my current ranks?

As follows:
ECO- 5/59 || 0-3 b6
MATH ADV - 60/145 || 35-42 b6
MATH EXT - 38/90 || 18-26 b6
BIO 10/110 || 5-7 b6
ENG - 45/90 || 10-15 b6
D&T 5/26 || 5-7 b6

My school rank is kinda low with around 170-180 range. Also (I guess something to note?), in maths our teachers have claimed that our cohort is not as dumb as the previous ones, so I guess we are expected to perform slightly better.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having considered the information that you have provided, and assuming that "ENG" refers to English Advanced, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR between 89 and 91.

Your performance in Design and Technology appears to be favourable and is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important to maintain (and if possible, improve) your performance in this subject in your remaining assessment task(s)/exam(s).

On the other hand, you may wish to consider your performance in English Advanced as a starting point in terms of improving your overall performance. Improving your rank in this subject will definitely be beneficial as this will place you in a more favourable position as you approach your HSC exams, not to mention the fact that this is the subject that will definitely count towards your ATAR. Regarding other subjects, such as Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1, improvements to your ranks would also increase your chances of receiving favourable Assessment Marks, which, alongside favourable performance in the HSC exam of each subject, will lead to a favourable HSC mark and consequently a higher ATAR. Given that your teachers have identified a higher performance potential in your cohort compared to previous cohorts, improving will hopefully be possible.

Additionally, it is important to note that, given the fact that you are taking 11 units, and depending on your performance in each of your subjects, Mathematics Extension 1 may or may not count towards your ATAR. If your overall performance in this subject ends up being of a sufficiently high standard, Mathematics Extension 1 is likely to count towards your ATAR, therefore halving the effect that your lowest-performing 2 unit subject would have on your ATAR. However, if your overall performance in this subject is not of a sufficiently high standard, then it will likely not count towards your ATAR. Because of this, you should consider your priorities accordingly.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)