Grinder

HSC
Hello, I am currently in year 12 doing

4u maths - 19/35 top 5 out of 13 students
3u maths - 85 percent 12/50
eng adv - 20/25
economics - 26/30 rank 5/50
business studies - 20/20 rank 1

My school is ranked around the 150s so what ranks would I need to go for a 98+ atar?
Our highest last year was 99.75 and the second highest was 97.7, 97.55, 97.4, 97.35, 97.2, 97.05.
It would be great if you guys could help thanks in advance.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your current performance in Business Studies is favourable and consistent with your ATAR goal. For a 98+ ATAR, it would probably be a good idea to try to aim for the highest possible ranks across your subjects. In terms of how this applies to the rest of your subjects:
  • You should try to reach the top 3 in terms of Mathematics Extension 2, which will place you in a better position in terms of your internal performance, increasing your chances of receiving a favourable Assessment Mark, which, alongside a favourable Examination Mark, constitutes a positive contribution to your ATAR.
  • You should try to reach the top 10 in terms of Mathematics Extension 1 and (if possible) aim to reach the top 5. Both positions will increase your chances of receiving your desired ATAR, although the latter position will most likely exert a more significant effect.
  • Regarding Economics, your current rank seems favourable and is likely consistent with your ATAR goal, meaning that maintaining it is essential. In order to maximise your chances of attaining your ATAR goal, you may wish to try to reach the top 3.
  • I assume that the figures you provided regarding English Advanced represent your rank in this subject (if 20/25 was your mark, are you aware of your rank?). If this is the case, a higher rank is essential in order for your performance in English Advanced to be consistent with your ATAR goal. You should try to reach 15/25 and, if possible, aim to reach the top 10, as this will place you in a better position in terms of your ATAR goal.
I hope this helps! :D

vishnay

God
HSC
Hello, I am currently in year 12 doing

4u maths - 19/35 top 5 out of 13 students
3u maths - 85 percent 12/50
eng adv - 20/25
economics - 26/30 rank 5/50
business studies - 20/20 rank 1

My school is ranked around the 150s so what ranks would I need to go for a 98+ atar?
Our highest last year was 99.75 and the second highest was 97.7, 97.55, 97.4, 97.35, 97.2, 97.05.
It would be great if you guys could help thanks in advance.
no. of b6's per subject?

Grinder

HSC
Your current performance in Business Studies is favourable and consistent with your ATAR goal. For a 98+ ATAR, it would probably be a good idea to try to aim for the highest possible ranks across your subjects. In terms of how this applies to the rest of your subjects:
  • You should try to reach the top 3 in terms of Mathematics Extension 2, which will place you in a better position in terms of your internal performance, increasing your chances of receiving a favourable Assessment Mark, which, alongside a favourable Examination Mark, constitutes a positive contribution to your ATAR.
  • You should try to reach the top 10 in terms of Mathematics Extension 1 and (if possible) aim to reach the top 5. Both positions will increase your chances of receiving your desired ATAR, although the latter position will most likely exert a more significant effect.
  • Regarding Economics, your current rank seems favourable and is likely consistent with your ATAR goal, meaning that maintaining it is essential. In order to maximise your chances of attaining your ATAR goal, you may wish to try to reach the top 3.
  • I assume that the figures you provided regarding English Advanced represent your rank in this subject (if 20/25 was your mark, are you aware of your rank?). If this is the case, a higher rank is essential in order for your performance in English Advanced to be consistent with your ATAR goal. You should try to reach 15/25 and, if possible, aim to reach the top 10, as this will place you in a better position in terms of your ATAR goal.
I hope this helps! :D
My mark for English adv is 20/25 I dont know my rank
yet

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone predict what ATAR range I'm sitting at, and also suggest what subjects I need to improve in, thanks!

School: Top 40

Subjects:

- Economics --> Mark: 29/30 --> Rank: 4/35 --> Past B6S: 14 (2019), 8 (2020), 10 (2021)

- Business --> Mark: 35/40 --> Rank: 3/58 --> Past B6S: 57 (2019), 31 (2020), 23 (2021)

- Maths advanced --> Mark: 52/60 --> Rank: 26/174 --> Past B6S: 44 (2019), 29 (2020), 26 (2021)

- Math extension 1 --> Mark: 38/45 --> Rank: not sure --> Past B6S: 36 (2019), 30 (2020), 38 (2021)

- English advanced --> Mark: 18/20 --> Rank: not sure --> Past B6S: 29 (2019), 37 (2020), 42 (2021)

- Studies of religion: Haven't had any exam yet
Considering all the information that you have provided, you could be looking at a minimum ATAR of 93. I tend to provide somewhat harsh estimates, meaning that your current performance could be consistent with an ATAR significantly higher than 93.

Additional information, such as the number of students (if you are aware) taking Mathematics Extension 1, English Advanced and Studies of Religion may enable you to obtain more accurate estimates. Whether you are taking Studies or Religion I or Studies of Religion II is also of significance. Of course, the lack of information relevant to your performance in Studies of Religion also affects the accuracy of estimates that you may receive. Once you complete an exam/assessment task in Studies of Religion, information regarding your performance will also increase the accuracy of ATAR estimates.

jks22

HSC
Considering all the information that you have provided, you could be looking at a minimum ATAR of 93. I tend to provide somewhat harsh estimates, meaning that your current performance could be consistent with an ATAR significantly higher than 93.

Additional information, such as the number of students (if you are aware) taking Mathematics Extension 1, English Advanced and Studies of Religion may enable you to obtain more accurate estimates. Whether you are taking Studies or Religion I or Studies of Religion II is also of significance. Of course, the lack of information relevant to your performance in Studies of Religion also affects the accuracy of estimates that you may receive. Once you complete an exam/assessment task in Studies of Religion, information regarding your performance will also increase the accuracy of ATAR estimates.
Thanks for your reply! What subjects do you think I need to improve in to achieve an ATAR of 96+ ?

vishnay

God
HSC
Thanks for your reply! What subjects do you think I need to improve in to achieve an ATAR of 96+ ?
i think you can probably already get a 96+ rn but if u wanna guarantee it just push advanced and mx1 ranks up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)