ATAR Estimation Request (1 Viewer)

George121

HSC
What could i get with these ranks

SOR1: 3/21 (i think its 21, round there)
General maths : 6/20
IPT: 2/7
Eng Adv: 11/21 :(
Business studies: 4/13

(the rank was exact, but the total students wasn't; give or take 2-3)

(all raw marks were 80+)

I also did an accounting tafe course, and i achieved around a mid band 6

Im aiming for an 84.05 ATAR for Macquarie professional accounting.

What are my chances?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
We need the rank of your school too, as long as you keep up the effort in the external exams you should be good for your aim. When you say "around a mid band 6", elaborate. did you do it last year and actually got that mark or are you estimating?

George121

HSC
I am extremely confident that my HSC marks will result in the following ranks:

IPT: 1/7
SOR1: 1-2/21
General maths: 1-3/21
Business Studies 3-4/13
English Adv: 4-6/21

My school is ranked around 150 or so

As for the accounting, i did my hsc exam last year, and i am confident i got over 95% and i received an award for academic excellence in the course, along with averages of 94 in all assessment tasks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I am extremely confident that my HSC marks will result in the following ranks:

IPT: 1/7
SOR1: 1-2/21
General maths: 1-3/21
Business Studies 3-4/13
English Adv: 4-6/21

My school is ranked around 150 or so

As for the accounting, i did my hsc exam last year, and i am confident i got over 95% and i received an award for academic excellence in the course, along with averages of 94 in all assessment tasks
Your estimated ranks in the HSC don't mean too much lol, but i'd say you'll likely get an atar 90+. I'm not sure why you don't know your actual accounting mark though, weren't you sent the exact result? I'm guessing the award means you got a band 6 and the assesment task average means nothing.

George121

HSC
Your estimated ranks in the HSC don't mean too much lol, but i'd say you'll likely get an atar 90+. I'm not sure why you don't know your actual accounting mark though, weren't you sent the exact result? I'm guessing the award means you got a band 6 and the assesment task average means nothing.
The marks will only be released after completion of the actual HSC. It's pretty stupid, since i completed the HSC exam at the end of 2011 and i have to wait a whole year, but i am confident with the band 6
If i can get a 90+ ATAR i will be over the moon, but english is my only obstacle :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The marks will only be released after completion of the actual HSC. It's pretty stupid, since i completed the HSC exam at the end of 2011 and i have to wait a whole year, but i am confident with the band 6
If i can get a 90+ ATAR i will be over the moon, but english is my only obstacle :/
Yeah that is stupid, i just figured you were given them since i sometimes see students who accelerated 2unit maths (for example) saying they got 96 or something the previous year lol. Maybe it's changed recently.

English is quite manageable, just make sure you write up some good practise esays and have a teacher give you feedback (i hope you have their email addresses) and then once you have perfected them, if you have time, practise applying the ideas in your essay into a few past paper questions. That is easier said than done lol but it wont hurt to atleast have written up some essays, you shouldn't expect to be able to regurgitate them though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)