ATAR is way off the estimations (1 Viewer)

Gkx098

HSC
Entered my marks yesterday into "reasonably accurate" atar calculators and got 99.6 with +/- 10
Turns out it's a 99.35
I'm so confused right now, is it possible that uac could have gotten it wrong?
I'm pretty much in denial right now cos I missed my course by a little bit
Eng adv: 93
3u Math: 97
4u Math: 96
Chem: 91
Phys: 92

Jakulore

HSC
No, that would be what your final ATAR is. Even the most accurate calculators have a margin of error, because the process of determining the ATARs and 'scaling' and what not is different every year. Even if I enter my marks into 'the most accurate' ATAR calculator that is actually set to my year's system, the calculator will be off by like 0.75. Also, in the grand scheme of things, the calculator isn't too far off what you actually got.

It sucks that you missed your course by a little bit, but you still may be able to get in.

aoc

HSC
If im guessing correctly and you were trying to get USYD law you could try transfer in at the end of your 1st year of uni if its the course you really wanted

waikosan

HSC
With your ATAR, you still have a lot of options. Check with the uni, most of them have info day tomorrow.

D94

HSC
N/A
Entered my marks yesterday into "reasonably accurate" atar calculators and got 99.6 with +/- 10
Turns out it's a 99.35
I'm so confused right now, is it possible that uac could have gotten it wrong?
I'm pretty much in denial right now cos I missed my course by a little bit
Eng adv: 93
3u Math: 97
4u Math: 96
Chem: 91
Phys: 92
No, they almost certainly have it correct. You should be smart enough to realise that ATAR calculators are based on the scaling of previous years, not this year. Scaling is carried out afresh each year. You just happened to not be as good as your peers in one or more subjects. The sooner you realise that there are people who did better than you, the quicker you will be able to work out a plan for university. You need to hear hard truths, otherwise this will eat at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)