atar mark prediction(?) (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
hey guys! so i'm failing math agh

so i go to a top 20 selective school.
my current cumulative rank is 99/105 its so so bad

so i'm aiming for a 96-97 atar. i do exceptionally well at all four units of english and biology, whereas economics is pretty bad too. i think i'm 28/31 ranked.

so if i manage to somehow miraculously get my rank up to the middle of the cohort for advanced math, what sort of atar mark do you think i can get just for math? i tend to find the HSC past paper questions easier than school which is so weird???

thank you! even if you cant predict the atar mark please leave any sort of tips :) thank you <3

EDIT: Cumulative rank above is for MATH only! For my english advanced and extension 2 i'm top 5 :) ext 1 is around 20/58

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A significant boost to your rank can be achieved by getting very high marks in your remaining exams/assessments.

Your other 50% also needs to be determined for maths and Economics, so your internals aren't everything.

I don't see how finding the HSC papers easier than your school papers is weird - you mentioned going to a selective school. In fact, this might be an indicator that you will perform well in the HSC exam.

Depending on how good your cohort is (I would assume most students are smart), getting a rank in the middle should get you a mark in the band 5 region (not completely sure if it can be higher).

idkkdi

HSC
hey guys! so i'm failing math agh

so i go to a top 20 selective school.
my current cumulative rank is 99/105 its so so bad

so i'm aiming for a 96-97 atar. i do exceptionally well at all four units of english and biology, whereas economics is pretty bad too. i think i'm 28/31 ranked.

so if i manage to somehow miraculously get my rank up to the middle of the cohort for advanced math, what sort of atar mark do you think i can get just for math? i tend to find the HSC past paper questions easier than school which is so weird???

thank you! even if you cant predict the atar mark please leave any sort of tips :) thank you <3
individual ranks will serve a much better purpose of predicting an atar.

hsc being easier than school is not weird at higher ranked schools.

at a top 20 selective school, in this case, my guess is Fort Street.
Might be advisable to talk to your careers advisor about what rank you should be at for certain ATARs, they should have stats.
But I would guess median ATAR to be at around 93.

bruh what is this cumulative rank. how can you be 99/105 doing exceptionally well at 6 units - eng + bio.

mikrokosmos

HSC
hi!! sorry just to fix up - cumulative rank was for MATH only :) sorry

DyanDED1

HSC
If you go to a top school there's honestly not that much to worry about, places like James Ruse all get like 90+ ATAR for most of their students. The scaling of the rest of your grade will bring you up, unless you're an outlier. It just comes down to trying your hardest and that's it, you have a cohort advantage because of your school, and its not like you're band 4 material or below.

idkkdi

HSC
If you go to a top school there's honestly not that much to worry about, places like James Ruse all get like 90+ ATAR for most of their students. The scaling of the rest of your grade will bring you up, unless you're an outlier. It just comes down to trying your hardest and that's it, you have a cohort advantage because of your school, and its not like you're band 4 material or below.
except OP isn't aiming for a low 90 ATAR.

Last edited:

mikrokosmos

HSC
yep im not an outlier or anything

idkkdi

HSC
i am ! i said in the post
I think he meant that you're not aiming for an ATAR above 90 but above 95.

All the best with that! I'm sure you can do it! :D
clarified my post.

ye haha, I meant that you're aiming for 96+ instead of 90+. the baseline of what you're aiming for is higher and not really the same as aiming for 90+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)