Atar not right ?? (1 Viewer)

Boonyak

HSC
My marks where 81,82,76,79 and 65 but my atar was 62 how is that possible is there anything i can do ???

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hard for us to comment without knowing your subjects. But sounds about right tbh. Even good scaling subjects scale pretty badly if you get band 4s or less.

gavrilushka

HSC
It depends. If your 65 was from a low-scaling subject that your cohort performed at an average or less than average level, then it is possible. Also, they use your RAW marks, not your HSC marks for your ATAR, however to be on the sure side please contact them and ask why this is the case.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It depends. If your 65 was from a low-scaling subject that your cohort performed at an average or less than average level, then it is possible. Also, they use your RAW marks, not your HSC marks for your ATAR, however to be on the sure side please contact them and ask why this is the case.
Wouldn't matter what subject it was, a 65 just wont scale well. Anyway OP i checked your other posts and found your subjects, your subjects are all known to scale pretty badly if you don't go well and you already put them into an ATAR calculator yesterday and got a similiar result so i dont know why you think it's not right. I know you are probably heaps dissapointed but there are plenty of ways into uni, dw.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember the ATAR is a rank, it's not an average or anything of your aligned marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)