ATAR of 93+ (1 Viewer)

goodbyeday

HSC
Hi! I'm just wondering if i can get an ARAT of 93 for bachelor of economics if i'm doing general maths?

The subjects i'm doing atm are:
Economics
Business Studies
English Advanced
Visual Arts
Chinese

If so, how?

eviee101

HSC
Yea you can if you get a high band 5 or 6 and also be scaled really well against the other students

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes, but you need good results... dont think the 85ish results in general will sccore you an ATAR of 93 or above :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yea you can if you get a high band 5 or 6 and also be scaled really well against the other students
No... the max you can get with General is 91/100. Maximum. Absolute maximum, and those 9 points you lose work wonders. And 99.99999999999% of students won't even get 91.

prah

HSC
The OP's doing more than ten units, the general mark may not even count in the ATAR.

Even so...
According to Umax to get an ATAR of 93 you need an average scaled mark of 38.63/50 or 77.26
so tbh the whole omg general is capped at 91 argument doesnt apply (even if it is indcative of poor scaling).

In General Maths a Scaled Mark of 77.26 equates to a HSC Mark of 90.5 (source : Umax).
In contrast to get the same scaled mark in 2 unit you would need 87.3 for a HSC Mark; note only really 4 marks difference.

To get this mark the OP needs to come in the top 6% of the state
According to table A2 of the scaling report, 6% or roughly 1800 students achieved a band 6 in 2009

Futhermore the highest atar someone achieved in 2009 with general maths was 99.6
(source: table a1 uac scaling report)

Ignoring general, to achieve a 93 ATAR Umax suggests the following HSC Marks-

English Advanced : 86
Economics : 86.9
Visual Arts : 91.3
Chinese : 89.7
Business Studies : 88.9

That is to get a scaled mark of 77.26 in each subject so obviously higher marks in some subjects could compensate for lower marks in other areas.

Umax isnt 100% accurate so marks needed could deviate slightly from those above ^^^

To the OP: I think its fairly safe to say that you can get an ATAR of 93 with general, you just need to put the hard yards in and all will pay off, assuming you are capable of achieving the marks shown above. :)

Tofuu

HSC
yes, as long as you're getting consistant band 5-6
you just might have to put more effort in gen maths

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
I reckon standard maths will not be counted in your 10 units if you're not top 10 in grade. I say top 3 in standard is practically top 30 in advanced o-o
so you will get scaled down a lot, considering that there are other people who do harder maths than you. One wrong in standard maths school tests is like gg cos the marks are too crammed up at 1-4 wrong. So i would recommend that you need to come at least top 3 within your cohort :D
But yes it would be possible

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No... the max you can get with General is 91/100. Maximum. Absolute maximum, and those 9 points you lose work wonders. And 99.99999999999% of students won't even get 91.
You're thinking of scaling, not in ATAR terms like the OP is asking.

@OP - yes, yes you can just work extremely hard :)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Hi! I'm just wondering if i can get an ARAT of 93 for bachelor of economics if i'm doing general maths?

Economics
Business Studies
English Advanced
Visual Arts
Chinese

If so, how?
Play with Premium SAM and or Matrix's calculator

goodbyeday

HSC
Ignoring general, to achieve a 93 ATAR Umax suggests the following HSC Marks-

English Advanced : 86
Economics : 86.9
Visual Arts : 91.3
Chinese : 89.7
Business Studies : 88.9
Thanks for the marks,now i kinda know what i should do to achieve what i want. thanks a lot.
BTW atm I'm
English Advanced : 10/37
Economics : 1/8
Visual Arts : 3/11
Chinese :13/28
Business Studies : 1/28

General maths-not sure coz i just moved to general this term since i don't think i can get a good mark. I was 35/67

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You're thinking of scaling, not in ATAR terms like the OP is asking.

@OP - yes, yes you can just work extremely hard :)
Bah, everyone keeps telling me I'm wrong - but no one offers to help. Mind educating me unlike some certain other people?

Meepo

HSC

Economics
Business Studies
English Advanced
Visual Arts
Chinese

If so, how?
Yes you can achieve an ATAR of 93. as long as you score a high band and 6. Because you are doing 12 units and if your math mark is lower than your other subjects mark, it wont be counted. Try to aim a percentage of 90-100 for all your assessment in school.

Cowbell

HSC
In terms of the state.

There are stickied threads in the ATAR/UAI forums with links to school ranking lists :)
hey this has nothing to do with this thread but i'd just like to take the time out to tell you that nobody even slightly cares about anything that's in your signature

carry on

kateemily

HSC
it possible for sure, just make sure you get a high band 5/low band 6

fyi i got 90 for gen maths and it was my 2nd best subject. a band 6 in anything will do wonders for u, even if it is gen maths. no1 can argue with a '6' next 2 the subject name, no matter what it is

just practice, try and finish the course early so u can do past papers alot, because textbook questions are very different to hsc questions. goodluck with it

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
hey this has nothing to do with this thread but i'd just like to take the time out to tell you that nobody even slightly cares about anything that's in your signature

carry on
And yet you cared enough to reply LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)