ATAR requirements! Help, please:) (1 Viewer)

mytstephen

HSC
I can't remember if I've ever posted anything on here... but here I go:)
This is for a good friend of mine. She is concerned about her ATAR and would just like to know her minimum requirements for an ATAR of above 80.
She does Advanced English, 2U Math, Business Studies, Retail (VET), Economics and Ancient History.
The school rank is about 220 I THINK- I'd double check but I have no clue as to where I would find it...
Either way, if you could please suggest what ranks/percentages she should be aiming for, that'd be awesome.
Sorry for the lack of details, I understand it'll just be a rough estimate- she has no clue to her current ranks/percentages.

THANKS

enoilgam

HSC
I'd aim for top third in all her subjects.
This. My mate (school rank ~300) got in the late 70's and he was ranked in the top 40% of all his subs (he did subjects which scale similar to your friend). So I'd say top third should be ok for roughly 80. Just remember, there are no "minimum rank requirements" for an ATAR, it depends on moderation and scaling.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It will also depend on how large the tail at your school is as well. A lot of average schools can have a strong top end but very large tails so the bottom half at a rank 220 school could be worse than the tail of a rank 400 school - add to the fact that they are not considered when making rankings justifies this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)