Atar ! (1 Viewer)

Anonym0us

HSC
What would happen if say my atar was 95 and I applied for subjects which were around the 95 cut off last year. Yet this year the atar cut off increased to say 99 (for all the subjects I've applied for)... where does that leave me ? Do I have to go to tafe ? :/

barbernator

HSC
get a bricklaying apprenticeship. Nah it depends on uni bonus points and stuff. I can 99.999999% guarantee you that year to year the cutoffs will only change +- 2 at max for any regular course. But really, I would just have a lower atar backup on uac applications

madharris

HSC
N/A
You should choose lower atar cut offs at the end. e.g. you might think you will get 95 but you might only get 79. If you choose courses that are 90+ then your screwed. Choose like 1 60 atar one just as a backup. YOu got 9 options or something, using one for backup doesn't do affect you in any way.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely lower ATAR course, its unlucky the course is 99 now, however, that means they want the best of the best.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Make sure you have a few back up options in your preferences.

Then at least you'll have a place somewhere and can try for a transfer.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Late round and final round just add some low cutoff courses and stuff.

Also, you get your ATAR a little under a month before you last change preferences before main round so you can change them before then.

Also, 95 ATAR subs won't swap to 99 that quick.

Yolando

Banned
HSC
N/A
What would happen if say my atar was 95 and I applied for subjects which were around the 95 cut off last year. Yet this year the atar cut off increased to say 99 (for all the subjects I've applied for)... where does that leave me ? Do I have to go to tafe ? :/
Hypotetitcally you won't get a offer. So you won't get into uni.

But as Rafy said, put some low ATAR courses in to ensure you make uni.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Late round and final round just add some low cutoff courses and stuff.

Also, you get your ATAR a little under a month before you last change preferences before main round so you can change them before then.

Also, 95 ATAR subs won't swap to 99 that quick.
Yeah pretty much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)