ATB Predictions? (1 Viewer)

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Anyone else here do ATB who would like to take a stab at what the section 1 question will be?

Evertone

HSC
I'm ruling out language forms and features / characterisation.

I am expecting something more specific though.

Perhaps a focus on the composers.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
I'm ruling out language forms and features / characterisation.

I am expecting something more specific though.

Perhaps a focus on the composers.
I'd be surprised if they did composers. I was thinking they could do something about settings but does that fit with enough of the prescribeds?

Evertone

HSC
I'd be surprised if they did composers. I was thinking they could do something about settings but does that fit with enough of the prescribeds?
Having checked now.. composers were asked in 2013 so it is quite recent on second thoughts. I think there's a greater chance the creative will focus on setting, but who knows. I think an essay on setting could fit with all of the prescribed texts.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Having checked now.. composers were asked in 2013 so it is quite recent on second thoughts. I think there's a greater chance the creative will focus on setting, but who knows. I think an essay on setting could fit with all of the prescribed texts.
tbf 2013 isn't actually a composer focus, it's a construction of character focus. It doesn't really work too well for Plath - I can't think of anywhere she really reflects on the setting like they do in some of the other texts. Also Good Night and Good Luck doesn't really lend itself to setting unless you're thinking of political setting. Maybe another politics question? Last time it was asked was 2011 and before that 2009, so they skipped the trend by not asking it in 2013.

Fiction

HSC
Setting? Like ask students to write based on a specific setting? I.e Berlin
Or do you mean setting in a broad sense and that the student's response must refer to their setting/ setting is a crucial part of their response?

Evertone

HSC
tbf 2013 isn't actually a composer focus, it's a construction of character focus. It doesn't really work too well for Plath - I can't think of anywhere she really reflects on the setting like they do in some of the other texts. Also Good Night and Good Luck doesn't really lend itself to setting unless you're thinking of political setting. Maybe another politics question? Last time it was asked was 2011 and before that 2009, so they skipped the trend by not asking it in 2013.
I think, inherently, the construction of composing a character is a focus on the composer.

A question on politics is certainly probable.

As for Plath, I think her settings canvas the psychological dispositions that underpin her views.

Setting? Like ask students to write based on a specific setting? I.e Berlin
Or do you mean setting in a broad sense and that the student's response must refer to their setting/ setting is a crucial part of their response?
Literal settings used to mount sophisticated theses focused on 'settings' informed by the period's ways of thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)